"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newronin View Post
    I went out to Sore Finger today. I had a good time, but didn't see any hogs. A few tracks but no hogs or even droppings. It should be called "Sore Feet", Trumpkin wasn't kidding about the walk. I can see why the hogs would like that area. Pretty thick around the lake and most people would not make the hike. It is better reached by boat than foot. I saw a lot less trash than in the other areas I tried. I also watched a 145+ inch buck at 75 yards in an open areas along the lake moving does. But once again no hogs.
    Think of it this way, now you can cross that area off for a month or two. Sorry it didn't get you into piggies, but that's how Granger goes.

Comment

Is there a gate or parking area North of Sore Finger? Off FM971? Looks like approximately 1/2 mile kayak ride from Friendship park.
      Last edited by Wudstix; 12-08-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
        Is there a gate or parking area North of Sore Finger? Off FM971?

Most people park in the ditch or underneath the bridge right by where the lake extends out under 971. There is a gate there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there a gate or parking area North of Sore Finger? Off FM971? Looks like approximately 1/2 mile kayak ride from Friendship park.
          I parked at the parking lot and gate at the end of CR 358 I think it was. Trust me take the kayak route. It is a really long walk to the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
            Think of it this way, now you can cross that area off for a month or two. Sorry it didn't get you into piggies, but that's how Granger goes.
            No problem. It is called hunting, not shopping. And like I said, I had a good time out stretching my legs and seeing all the new terrain and wildlife.

Comment

Thanks, I may do a recon of the parking (over land route) and also the kayak route from Friendship park. That would make getting a hog back to truck smoother I'm thinking.

Comment

Anybody ever check out this piece of sore finger? One of the few spots at granger I've never explored. Doesn't seem like much cover but also doesn't seem like much pressure. Might be worth a poke?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent idea. Maybe worth a kayak trip down the stream if it holds water.

Comment

Excellent idea. Maybe worth a kayak trip down the stream if it holds water.

I doubt it. Lakes down 1.63’

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                      I doubt it. Lakes down 1.63’

Yeah its bone dry. I was hoping to setup in that area for ducks. Maybe next year.

Comment

GRXH should be fun on the motors/props!!! Channel can maybe be jumped across!
                        Last edited by Wudstix; 12-09-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                          Yeah its bone dry. I was hoping to setup in that area for ducks. Maybe next year.

This was my first year hunting there but, the waterline looks pretty far from where there was mud. And some areas that had mud are dry as a bone.

Comment

Access to water will be key to finding hogs then. Some of the normally flooded flats my be good stalking areas now.

Comment

Wheres the GRXH 2021 post!? Still gonna happen with the pandy goin on?Click image for larger version

Name:	13766237.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	24638866

Comment

Usually starts late December/January. All outdoor activity so should be a go!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X