2020 Pushmataha county/SE Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
    What would you say makes it hard hunting? I’m used to hunting North or NE Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The terrain alone. Have you drove thru that part of the state? The wind constantly swirls, the thermals pull your scent up and down the mountains the deer are unpredictable the acorns can be insane crops. Hunting anywhere in NE Texas is nothing like hunting in Push county. Its a love hate relationship with me up there. [emoji2369][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
      The bad is real bad, bears,bears, locals, hillbillies and their cousins and the [emoji199]. Also them [emoji903] will kick your butt

The good is your chances at a 150+ is good. But its hard *** huntin.

He ain't kidding about the bears. Hate those suckers and there are plenty in both of those counties you mentioned. Closer you get to Arkansas, those hillbillies WILL be running beagles too.

Comment

I hunted this weekend and only saw squirrels. Our deer at least on camera are still moving at night. This is my first year hunting here and It is harder hunting but like anything else just gotta figure it out. I came from west Texas hunting and the deer here aren’t really coming to feeders at least not right now Like I’m used to. We have some sets in oak patches that we are trying to concentrate on but activity is still the same Witt movement at night. Hoping these next few weeks things change and they start to move more during the day.

Comment

Hey easy with those hillbilly comments man. Ha. It is tough hunting up here in my opinion on lease and public land, the terrain will weed most out and the lack of consistency will take out the rest. Feeders do work up here if you like bear pics and when they leave you have a bunch of mature bucks and 25 year old does standing down wind blowing at you. Good deer up here though, there are bigger deer other places but I can stay at home and kill 300”’s in two deer almost every year.

Movement was slow this weekend, hoping this weekend is better. Deer are starting to act stupid and the normal road hunters are starting to talk about big bucks chasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter15 View Post
            I hunted this weekend and only saw squirrels. Our deer at least on camera are still moving at night. This is my first year hunting here and It is harder hunting but like anything else just gotta figure it out. I came from west Texas hunting and the deer here aren’t really coming to feeders at least not right now Like I’m used to. We have some sets in oak patches that we are trying to concentrate on but activity is still the same Witt movement at night. Hoping these next few weeks things change and they start to move more during the day.
            What town are you near?

Comment

Saw a few young bucks this past weekend , was pretty slow though considering the overcast cooler weather. They were still paired up too which I thought was odd.

Our food plots are looking great after the rain

Comment

Has anybody ever hunted in red oak Oklahoma near camp creek and mountain fork?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
                  He ain't kidding about the bears. Hate those suckers and there are plenty in both of those counties you mentioned. Closer you get to Arkansas, those hillbillies WILL be running beagles too.
                  Yep. I am getting my first experience with bears on our place we bought in Latimer County. One has tore up my feeder and one of my cameras already.

Originally posted by bowtechtribute View Post
                  Has anybody ever hunted in red oak Oklahoma near camp creek and mountain fork?

I have some property on Panola Mountain in Latimer County just west of Red Oak. We have some bear and some really nice bucks.

Comment

Anyone familiar with Seminole county? My dad owns some property there and I've always wondered. It would be northern Seminole.

Comment

Deer have mowed down both of my food plots, they are pretty much in them all night. Young bucks are starting to chase does around and bigger bucks starting to make day time appearances. a lot of ground scrapes starting to pop up as well. Next week should be good to go. Hopefully this rain hampers the "muzzle loading" season...…...sounds like the guys around me can reload their primitive firearms and get a second and third shot off in like 5 seconds. Pretty impressive...….ha.

Comment

Thats one of those muzzle loader 30-30s [emoji1787][emoji1787]special edition

Comment

Is anyone finding any acorns? There are not many on my place its looking like the white oaks are the only ones that produced this year?

Comment

My place in moyers has tons of acorns lol they dont need the feeders at my place

Comment

My place in moyers has tons of acorns lol they dont need the feeders at my place

Well they don't use feeders at ours either. We hung 10 feeders 4 years ago haven't put a kernel of corn in them in 2 years. Lots of trees produced last year but not this year. Witch is a good thing for us.

Comment

We aren’t far from you and not seeing hardly any of our oaks that produced. We had a few drop 8 weeks ago but nothing since. Food plots and corn should be good hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X