Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Belly Burnt Ends

First attempt at pork belly burnt ends. Turned out very tender. This was 1/2 of a whole pork belly.

Man, I’m on a diet and just the picture alone made me gain 5 lbs ;-)! Now I am so hangry lol

Comment

I cooked some for the first time Saturday as well and turned out very tasty. They will definitely be on the menu again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
        Man, I’m on a diet and just the picture alone made me gain 5 lbs ;-)! Now I am so hangry lol
        I have been on the Keto diet since January and down 30 lbs. myself, but sometimes you just gotta treat yourself. I am going to vacuum seal most of these in 4-5 packages and freeze them. Warm them up sous vide method every couple of weeks. The sugar/brown sugar is the only bad thing if you are on a Keto diet. But it is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
          I have been on the Keto diet since January and down 30 lbs. myself, but sometimes you just gotta treat yourself. I am going to vacuum seal most of these in 4-5 packages and freeze them. Warm them up sous vide method every couple of weeks. The sugar/brown sugar is the only bad thing if you are on a Keto diet. But it is bad.
          Same with me from mid January! I’m down 36 lbs ! I’ve been weak a few times but recovered nicely!

Comment

Recipie?

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
              Recipe?
              Seasoned 1.5" cubed pork belly with Head Country Original seasoning (pretty heavy).

Placed on rack and smoked @ 225 degrees till an internal of 180-190.

Took out and placed in foil pan and applied Head Country Apple/Habanero BBQ Sauce, Brown Sugar, Honey and 1/2 stick of margarine. Coat all pieces of pork belly thoroughly.

Placed back on rack and smoked till internal temp of 205ish. You can do this step in a foil pan, but use a couple of pans so the pieces are not touching.

Lots of You Tube video on this subject. I thought this way way better than pork ribs. Good Luck.

Comment

I’ve used this recipe a couple times and the family loves it!

Comment

Makin me hongry

Comment

Where did you find the pork bellies?

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
                      ^^^???^^^

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
                        You can find them at HEB pretty often.

We generally look at an indy meat market when we go just to see if they have them, which they usually do. And yes, they’re outstanding.

Comment

Looks Fantastic!

Comment

WOW hungry jac here

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                              ^^^???^^^
                              I regularly get them at Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X