2000 Honda Civic : Blinking Check Engine Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
    I have the exact same car, even the LX. The 4 cylinder cap and rotor gets pretty bad if you haven't changed it. My has 165,000 miles on it. I bought it with 107,000 on it. The corrosion was really bad on it. Also, I had almost the same thing happen. One spark plug wire wasn't hitting right. Took the sparkplug out and noticed it was not firing. Changed plugs and wires and it ran again. I'm getting ready to sell it, the ac went out and I need a pickup.
    Thank you for the response. That is nice to hear about it possibly just being the cap, rotor, and plugs. Did you get the same code, P1399? How did you figure out that the spark plug was not firing?

My A/C is acting up too. I dont know if it needs to be recharged, but sometimes, when I stop at a light for a few minutes or so, it sounds like the A/C is going to blow up. LOL!. I have to turn the A/C off until I am driving again.

Comment

Had same code on 2008 after an overheat. Reservoir on radiator was leaking. Changed Radiator. Was not a long over heat never hit red on the temp gauge. Sometimes plugs and coil will get hot. Swapped coil packs code did not change cylinders. Did a compression check at all cylinders. #3 was in range with warm motor but at the lowest of range. Turned out blown head casket. Just my experience

Comment

google and youtube search for this gets you lots of information and ideas.
        Many of them point to ignition components

Comment

Working...
        X