Leupold Bino Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold Bino Warranty

I have a pair of BX-2 Cascades 8x42 that I have had for the past 10 years or so. At some point this season the eyepiece snapped off. I believe I have read here in the past that other members have had a good experience with Leupold's warranty/service department. Can anyone confirm that? I know they don't make the model that I have anymore, will they just replace it with a different model or will they try and repair mine? Any idea if it would be possible to pay a bit extra and upgrade to a larger optic? Just looking to see if anyone here has any experience with Leupold's warranty department.

I have had really good luck with their customer service. I have not had a binocular issue but my guess is they will replace them with the closest available model or give you credit towards a purchase off their website. Go on their website and fill out the return form and ship them back.

Comment

I’ve sent various Leupold binos back for eyepiece issues and received new ones in the box on several occasions they were upgraded.

I don’t like fiddling with stuff in the field I need it to work “right now” so on a couple of pair I extended the eyepiece and squirted gorilla glue around it so they stay fully open all the time.

Comment

They are incredible to work with on their glass. They will normally swap them out and even allow you to upgrade at a very good rate, almost to a point where it is silly not to!

I send my pair of binos in every other year for cleaning, and inspection. They usually just send me a new pair.

Comment

Most likely they will send you the current model equivalent to the ones you have. I started with a pair of wind river 10x50 olympics and about every two seasons the eye cups would break. I have warrantied my way into a pair of pro-guide hd 10x50's.

Comment

I had a pair with eyepiece adjustment stuck. I got a new pair from them.

Comment

I have replaced mine twice. First time because the focus knob did not work. (Probably my fault for not keeping clean) and about 3 years later I ran over that pair w my 4 wheeler (def my fault). Just go to website and follow instructions on how to do it. Took 3-4 weeks to get replacement each time. Received new pair each time

Comment

For those of ya'll who have done the replacement warranty, I notice that they have a box where it asks if you approve of replacement without contact, did you check yes or no? If you checked no, I'm assuming they just called you or emailed and asked what you would like to do?

Comment

Nothing but good experiences here. Twice they have sent me back the closest, newest thing to what I sent in.

Comment

I have used their warranty on BINOs several times. They don't even try to repair any of the non-goldring models just ship a new one out to you.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                      For those of ya'll who have done the replacement warranty, I notice that they have a box where it asks if you approve of replacement without contact, did you check yes or no? If you checked no, I'm assuming they just called you or emailed and asked what you would like to do?
                      Have them contact you. They will give you an opportunity to upgrade if you so desire.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                        I don’t remember that checkbox. But I would check yes. I think I got an email they received them but that was only communication. Just new Bino’s showed up. Was very easy.

Comment

Yes I've had great luck with them. Just like you they discontinued the model i sent in. They sent back the next model up in exchange.

Comment

I just got mine back from Leopold. The best warranty. I called them and upgraded to the BX-4 pro guide H-D 12x50. These are the best binoculars that I have ever used. I highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sent in a 10 year old set of Wind Rivers. They sent back a new set, no questions asked. I only buy Leupold bino's since.

Comment

Working...
                              X