Kansas outfitter busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wytex View Post
    Second hand here, a guy on Bowsite from the area says the outfitter went around and offered landowners more than the state to lease their land, hunters lost thousands of acres of what was open to public hunting to the lease up.
    His guides were then hunting archery season with rifles and in some cases never had permits for the deer taken, sounds like guides and paying hunters.
    In all I find 9 people were charged but only names for the larger fines.

Nutshell, they took deer on archery permits with a rifle and poached some without a license at all.
    And the ones named are pretty young, that is sad to see.
    "25 deer, most mule deer, one antelope and eight turkeys that had been illegally slaughtered."

From one of the articles.

Rwc
    Last edited by Rwc; 06-30-2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      These writers are pitiful. . .

"Sean Winter was charged with 18 counts and pleaded guilty to six. He will have to pay a $5,800 fine, will not be able to hunt for a year and will have to confiscate a firearm."

Can he confiscate anyone's firearm? :-)
      This was my thought as well.....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s amazing what some people will do in order to tell a lie about a deer head.

Comment

I was in NW Kansas pheasant hunting and the older ranch hand that was showing us around, offered to take me deer hunting the following year. He didn’t hunt, but he showed me some pics of huge mule deer that his son had killed. When i told him I’d really like to go, but the tags were difficult to draw. He said no problem, I’ll buy my license and you can do the shooting. I never called him. And, this was not a paid hunt, nor did he want any money….

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
            Amusing when poachers get their hunting privileges revoked. What's the point?

They will never be allowed to purchase a hunting license for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
              I agree but that 20 yr old bull rider better get busy to pay his fine, $45,000.
              I didn't see this part, who was it?

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                These writers are pitiful. . .

"Sean Winter was charged with 18 counts and pleaded guilty to six. He will have to pay a $5,800 fine, will not be able to hunt for a year and will have to confiscate a firearm."

Can he confiscate anyone's firearm? :-)

The writers are garbage. The article says Tracy weeter is a she but it looks like it is actually his dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                  I thought this was going to be the one about the duck hunting outfit that was busted... What's going on in Kansas??? Seem's like it's happening kind of often.
                  It’s all the time. Poaching is big in Kansas. Mostly done by locals.

Comment

Now that is irony
                    Revoking a poachers hunting privileges.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                      I didn't see this part, who was it?
                      Sorry looks like the guy with the big fines is a bull fighter.
                      Take a look at Tracy Weeter's FB page, makes you wonder.

Comment

In for pictures of the bucks!!

Comment

Anybody know who the outfitter was? Looking for a bargain Kansas whitetail hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                            It’s all the time. Poaching is big in Kansas. Mostly done by locals.
                            You beat me to it, I almost typed a response extremely similar to yours yesterday. When I first started hunting Kansas many, many moons ago, before farmers knew what kind of commodity deer were, Texas did not have anything on Kansas as for as poaching/road hunting went, not even our eastern brothers!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                              Amusing when poachers get their hunting privileges revoked. What's the point?
                              Very good point, they were not following the laws before. What's going to stop them from hunting with no license?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                                “Loss of hunting privileges” obviously isn’t going to affect their future poaching much anyway.
                                Yep, baffles me when they take hunting privileges away from a poacher.

Comment

Working...
                                X