Fort Worth Gun show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Worth Gun show

A buddy of mine and myself went to the gun show on Saturday. Let me say, whoa. Lots of folks buying guns that made me worried and scared to think that type of person owned a firearm.

And on another note, Ammo prices were thru the roof. The AR platforms and pistol prices were very good. Guess they bought high a few months and are still carrying that price.

Anyone else make it out there?

You can tell the type of person just by looking at them??

Comment

big flop... everything still priced high as it was last summer.

Comment

Gun shows are pretty much a waste of time now. Back in the 90's and early 2000's the gun shows were a blast and took all day to walk. Big Town, Houston Gun Show, and the one up in Spring at the old outlet mall. Seems like now, there just new guns and black rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
          Gun shows are pretty much a waste of time now. Back in the 90's and early 2000's the gun shows were a blast and took all day to walk. Big Town, Houston Gun Show, and the one up in Spring at the old outlet mall. Seems like now, there just new guns and black rifles.
          Yeah, I stopped going a few years ago. The mid-eighties, up until the ban were awesome. And then it picked up again in the mid-90s. Now, prices are as high as a cat's azimuth and the amount of quality used firearms seems nearly non-existent. Finding local deals or buying online and sending it to my local gun store seem to make more sense.

cricman

Comment

The only gun shows worth attending are the ones in the smaller towns run by the locals. I agree the big gun shows are now a waste of time - just a bunch of overpriced new stuff and too many non-gun vendors.

Comment

I grew up doing them. I was a member of Houston Gun Collectors and my pops was a member till he passed.
              Loved the shows. Learned how to wheel and deal there.
              Made a killing cleaning up guns from all the guys bring in stuff to trade or just bought and ready to flip. I was a cart boy for a while at Houston. I was there helping the guys unload and get their stuff to their tables.

Best deal I ever ran into was a guy that had some sort of hook up with Spiderco. When any knife was sent back they just sent you a new version of it. This guy had all the returns and factory rejects. I ended up buying 2 24"cube boxes full of Spiderco knives.
              It took me weeks to go through all of them. I ground down the broken clips, rounded off the broken points etc

Comment

Originally posted by cricman View Post
                Yeah, I stopped going a few years ago. The mid-eighties, up until the ban were awesome. And then it picked up again in the mid-90s. Now, prices are as high as a cat's azimuth and the amount of quality used firearms seems nearly non-existent. Finding local deals or buying online and sending it to my local gun store seem to make more sense.

cricman
                Remember all those crates of military surplus rifles. SKS's, AK, Etc. It was rare to see an AR and most were just Colt and DPMS. You could buy eastern bloc ammo by the case for around $100 bucks. If you need a hand guard for a model 12, chances are you would find it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHC View Post
                  The only gun shows worth attending are the ones in the smaller towns run by the locals. I agree the big gun shows are now a waste of time - just a bunch of overpriced new stuff and too many non-gun vendors.
                  Where is a small town gun show run by locals, I would like to attend one?
                  I go to a bunch of small town gunshows, but they are not run by locals, and for the most part they all suck.
                  The one in Tyler is the best thing we have around here, and it leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    Where is a small town gun show run by locals, I would like to attend one?
                    I go to a bunch of small town gunshows, but they are not run by locals, and for the most part they all suck.
                    The one in Tyler is the best thing we have around here, and it leaves a lot to be desired.

I haven’t been to Harvey Hall in a long time. I didn’t realize they still had a gun show there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I used to enjoy going with my dad to the big gun shows at Reliant and George Brown in Houston. Haven't been to one in 10 years or so. Even then it had already changed to nothing but overpriced ARs and pistols. I went to vote a couple of months ago at the SPJST hall. They happened to have a small gun show going on. It was awesome. Lots of hunting rifles, shotguns, vintage/militaria, and prices were reasonable. Wish I could find that kind of show more often.

Comment

I try to make the Houston Gun Collectors shows. The one at SPSJT is a bunch of old fossils (maybe I should look in the mirror) trying to cash in. The one at the Humble Convention Center is better. I look primarily for reloading supplies.

Comment

I quit going to the Ft Worth show, too many people. I don’t like to be nuts to butts throughout the entire time.

Comment

Remember the pallets of Winchester white box for $2.00/box?

Comment

The best thing gun shows have going for them is the loophole

Comment

Working...
                              X