No announcement yet.

For the P-51 fans. Turn it up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I love that sound. Grandpa Lefty had two of the greatest aircraft of all time. They look a little different these days!

N25Y “White Lightnin”

N6168C “Thunderbird”

Comment

Originally posted by CDF View Post
      We had my daughters wedding at the Cavanaugh flight museum last month and they parked their P51 right behind them for the wedding. It made an awesome background. They took wedding pictures sitting on the wing.
      oh wow!!!!!!

Comment

I was watching videos of the P-51 "Quick Silver" and the pilot said the whistling noise we hear is coming from the wing mounted gun barrels... Pretty cool sound..

Comment

The owner if the company that tore down the old power plant units 1,2 and 3in Rockdale had one, and keep it at the local airport. That thing was a beast, would rattle your body while standing next to it. He would buzz the town, and golf course regularly about 100 ft high the turn it straight up doing barrel rows. He had a few old WW aircraft. Never got to ride in but did get to set in the back, very neat and tight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            I was watching videos of the P-51 "Quick Silver" and the pilot said the whistling noise we hear is coming from the wing mounted gun barrels... Pretty cool sound..
            Das true, the F4U Corsair is also a whistler

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              Das true, the F4U Corsair is also a whistler

Japs called the Corsair ,Whistling Death!! Beautiful War plane too!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Japs called the Corsair ,Whistling Death!! Beautiful War plane too!
                I was watchin YouTube today and discovered another whistler, the Spitfire

Comment

Working...
                X