Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running six SPYPOINTs for two years now with no problems

Comment

2 Spypoint cameras, 2 hootuses that hook to other cameras and 2 cameras with solar screens and not one made it 6 months and we had trouble with all of them during that 6 months. They are total and complete junk. I will never own any equipment with their name on it again.

Comment

I'm the exception when it comes to spypoint, i bought the only one ever manufactured that actually works. I have had zero problems with it. But i did add a Tacticam this year, that's what i would recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Shot View Post
          Running six SPYPOINTs for two years now with no problems
          They still are not better than the Tactacam Reveal X. That was his question

Comment

And…. It looks like the SPYPOINT service is down for at least a day now. You will love the tactacam. Get the newer ones that send video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              They still are not better than the Tactacam Reveal X. That was his question
              Except that SPYPOINT has made strides to improving their products and service. Too many people complain about the product when their issues are usually self-induced. Just wanted to give the OP the fact that Spypont is not necessarily a bad option anymore, especially at the price point. In addition to my six , my BIL has five and he’s never had a problem either.

So, if you want to say the Tactacam is better, you’d better quantify your comment. Otherwise, it’s just your opinion.

Comment

Except that SPYPOINT has made strides to improving their products and service. Too many people complain about the product when their issues are usually self-induced. Just wanted to give the OP the fact that Spypont is not necessarily a bad option anymore, especially at the price point. In addition to my six , my BIL has five and he’s never had a problem either.

So, if you want to say the Tactacam is better, you’d better quantify your comment. Otherwise, it’s just your opinion.
                But some history is worth noting. They have in the past said "oops sorry we bricked all your cameras, you need to go out and pull the batteries and restart them." Also when you DO have a problem, I'd say 9 out of 10 customer service experiences over the years... well less than stellar. So while it is completely viable to say hey they have gotten way better, it would be, I think, incomplete to not look at how they have conducted themselves in the past. I mean... they are Canadians .

TrailCamPro.com is my goto for feedback on things like this. Here is their summary of the Link Micro:
                "The biggest thing the Link-Micro game trail camera has going for it is the affordability, a solid detection circuit, and ease of setup. If overall performance isn't critical for you (poor battery life, below average picture quality, and lack of internal programming), this is a great choice as the camera is the lowest priced cellular camera on the market. We would recommend this camera for anyone looking for an entry level cell camera or if you plan on putting it in an area that has a high probability of being stolen."

looks like are still doing long term testing/reviewing of the Reveal.

Comment

5 of us on my lease run SPYPOINT’s and we all have had issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tactacam no brainer. We have 6 running at our farm in Missouri, and they have been great. Had Spypoint last 2 years and nothing but problems, not to mention battery life is so much better on the Tactacam. My opinion based on my experience with both products.

Comment

I use both but the Reveal is far better and I am slowly moving towards all Revel X including replacing mt Coverts as they crap out.

Comment

When a camera that has been out for several weeks working fine and then just stops sending pictures for a whole week even though battery life was still over 70% at last exchange...that's not self induced. Then when you get on one of the Spypoint FB pages and see everyone else is having the same issue. Spypoint's seem to have the same issue every year in November where their servers can't handle the load. Just this week they seem to have been down since Sunday for the majority and just start working again magically, again not user induced. The first year I had a spypoint, it went down for the whole month of November and ate batteries like crazy trying to connect to their system. And that was after following their customer service recommendations in order to restore connection.

I have had zero issues or drop outs with the Tactacam that I put out this year, along side the Spypoint. Their image quality is a whole lot better than Spy's with detail in the photos that Spypoint wants you to pay extra for their HD. On top of that their reception is better also. The camera works in places where my Verizon phone can't even send a text message, again the opposite of Spypoint (even with their extended antenna.) Then there's also the battery life, almost through my second set on Spypoint and still over 80% on the Tactacam.

Comment

got a bushnell cellucore and liking it so far

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Spypoints suck! Never again

Comment

Spypoint is a good cheap option. I have a half dozen. I am more tech savvy than most and am on top of my updates. I have had the same problems as most folks. You have them out, things are good then all of a sudden no pics for a day. Then two days, then a week. Then you are pizzed because you cameras ALL show 100% battery life and great connection. You call Spypoint, they give you the run around about how you need to turn your cameras off and on. Hmm, not so easy to do when you are a few hours drive away. Well, I've dealt with those issues and still do. I no longer pay them for their service and just get my 100 a month. I stopped paying for two reasons. The first, my buddy had two stolen. He discovered they were stolen by calling Spypoint and asking them why his cameras were no longer showing on the app. Well, they were in another guys name. No permissions or passwords. Just some dude stole two cameras and called the company and had them put in his name. Total Bullpucky. The second reason I switched is I bought a Tactacam to try out. These cameras are awesome. I've had issues with elk eating antennas off of them, breaking them off the posts they were on and one bull rubbed the entire post and camera off into a pond. It was underwater for 3 days before I was able to get it out. That camera still works just fine 3 months later. I've been very impressed with their quality. That working and not working stuff with Spypoint is not good but their 0 accountability on moving those stolen cameras into someone else's name was it for me. It must be a real issue because their app used to have the option to report a camera stolen. Then, they removed that option. Why? I assume so they didn't have to help guys out when their cameras were stolen.
                              Which is better?
                              My opinion.
                              The better camera is the tactacam.
                              The better app is Spypoint.
                              The better company is Tactacam.

Comment

Working...
                              X