• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for a good result for Everyone^^^^^

Comment

Prayers Sent Mike....

Comment

Prayer sent.

Dealt with colon cancer, so I know all that you're going through.

Comment

Continued prayers and also may the Lord bring for peacefulness for you and your wife considering the circumstances at the moment.

Comment

I have six friends who have beat Prostrate Cancer. Another one beat it for 7 years and it came back unexpectant. Another buddy just told the Dr. to cut that bugger out and completely eliminate the problem. The key thing for everyone to do is be aware and do not sit on a problem or issue that you think might just go away. Especially if you are over 50! If something is bothering you for over a week or two go have it looked at. Get that physical every year and watch that PSA.

Mike we all wish the best for you. All you can do is take it every day, one day at a time. If you start fretting and worrying too much it robs you of each days potential. You are going through the process so just play the cards as they fall.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. There are at least four or five of us on this thread that are going through this right now. This just shows how important it is to get your PSA checked yearly or even twice a year.

I am praying for the other guys on this thread that are fighting this disease. I have faith that God will lead us down the right path and we will all beat it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for you sir.

Comment

Prayers up for good results

Comment

Prayers Mike

Comment

Sent another prayer this morning.

-Jack

Comment

More prayers for you Mike and everyone else that are having issues.

Comment

I went to my follow up Dr. appointment last Monday. I thought it was just a follow up for my biopsy. I had no idea the Dr. already had results. The Dr. walked in and said "Good morning Mike.....you have prostate cancer". I was a little shocked. I have not posted anything as I have been trying to digest all the information and discussion that we had concerning what we do next.

If there is any good news about this the Dr. immediately said this was "low risk prostate cancer". He also did not recommend radiation treatment. He basically said we could proceed with "active surveillance" which entails PSA blood work every 3 months and a biopsy every 6 months. The second choice would be a radical prostatectomy (total removal of the the prostate).

The Dr. said "The challenge is to identify those patients who are unlikely to experience significant progression while offering radical therapy to those who are at risk".

The Dr. recommended Genomic testing on my biopsy samples. Genomic tests examine gene expression levels within a sample of tumor tissue. They provide information about the tumor’s biology and aggressiveness. In more simple term he said prostate cancer is a "wolf in sheep's clothing." The genomic testing is a DNA/RNA based test that gets into the cancers brain to try to determine how it will progress.

I already have a lot of questions for the Dr. at my next visit.

I will not let this get me down. Tracy and I went out and bought me a new truck Wednesday and I plan on getting a 100,000+ miles out of it. I am shooting in an Iowa ASA state qualifier archery tournament this weekend. My wife and I are blessed to have each other. We are blessed to live where we want to live. Life goes on... only now as a cancer patient. We will be okay.

Comment

Dig in and continue living Brother! You have the right mindset to handle this thing Mike! Prayers of comfort for you, Tracy and your family.

Lee from Oak Creek, Colorado Elk Camp...

Comment

Prayers Up & KCA.

Comment

You got this Mike! If there is anyone I know that can beat this, it is you! My prayers go out for you my friend. And give Tracy a big hug for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X