No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some gun hunting this week. Saw a few nice bucks.
    Last edited by Terrell_County; 12-09-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Nice bucks! Crazy how green it is out there in those pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
        Kiddos picked about 40 pounds of acorns for
        me today. Thinking about scattering them in the feed pen in Dryden when we head that way. Guessing those deer have never even seen an acorn, so not sure if it will help or hurt. Ur thoughts?

There are scrub oaks trees/bushes on the mountains, but their acorns are much smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfox View Post
          Hagelstein, you are my neighbor. We hunt the Holmes
          Did you get my PM? Still a “new member” so I’m not sure if it sent or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckrue06 View Post
            Did you get my PM? Still a “new member” so I’m not sure if it sent or not.
            Yes sir. Just replied

Comment

Terrell County Hunting 2018-2019

Looks like we may get that hard freeze we need out there Tue, Wed, and Thurs nights of next week. Low shows 34 and its always 8-10 degrees colder that forecasted lows on our place. Praying it freezes hard to kill all the green so they hit the feeders.

Comment

I sat this weekend and did witness some mature bucks following doe's with the open mouth sniffing, nose to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by texsdr View Post
                  I sat this weekend and did witness some mature bucks following doe's with the open mouth sniffing, nose to the ground.

Wow.... we usually see that first week of December.

Comment

I saw some bucks nosing the does and moving them around last year just before Thanksgiving. I wound up taking a really nice 8 at 302 yards with my 7/08. I was proud of that deer cuz I'd been trying to get that 7/08 to to shoot and finally broke down and had it bedded and trigger job done. It's a shooter now.

Other lease members are going out this weekend. Me and the GF are going the 17-20th. I think it will be a little early for the big boys and I'm going to hold out for any one of the three that I had hanging around last year prior to the season. They disappeared after opening weekend but showed back up the last weekend. Unfortunately, I'd already killed my mature buck and was left to whacking culls.

Not this year! LOL! I'll eat tag soup if I have to. I'm not sure what the lion situation has done to the area around my stand either.

Comment

I'll be out there from the 16-18th. Hopefully this cold weather helps. Only saw a doe on opening weekend and she was not interested in the corn.

Comment

Well, last year it was hotter than blue blazes opening weekend and I didn't see anything good either. Like I said in earlier post I'll be out there 17-20 and I hope things are moving a little better. Other guys will be at the lease this weekend and I hope to get a report from them when they get back.

The good side to all of this is they've got really good forage going into the fall and winter months and that should help produce some pretty good antlers next year as well as help with body weight.

Comment

We gonna get that freeze!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            Well, last year it was hotter than blue blazes opening weekend and I didn't see anything good either. Like I said in earlier post I'll be out there 17-20 and I hope things are moving a little better. Other guys will be at the lease this weekend and I hope to get a report from them when they get back.

The good side to all of this is they've got really good forage going into the fall and winter months and that should help produce some pretty good antlers next year as well as help with body weight.
                            Let us know when you get a report from your partners.

Comment

Will do. I just hope they stay away from my blind/feeder. I want a shot at one of those lions if possible!

Comment

Anyone go out this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X