Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilgai at the King

Comment

Man that’s a tough one, the nostalgia of going to the king chasing blue blues is pretty awesome. That said some of these guys that posted above know way more about the value of each hunt so I say go for a and do b later on your coin! But if if it was a hypothetical only one time deal I’m going to the king!

Comment

Nilgai on the king would be very memorable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

King, for whatever. I will admit a bias against high fence hunts generally ( though I have for javis )

Comment

Nilgai on the King Ranch

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
              Gemsbok for the win... Thats a $7,000-$10,000 hunt. Then for ****s and giggles I would book the King.
              For that price excluding airfair I could have a heck of a safari in RSA for several critters.

Comment

I would prefer doing the King in big style like that. Just for the history. There are lots of cool high fence ranches in Texas that have all kind of exotics but I think I want to kill a Gemsbok in Africa one day......or New Mexico on the White Sands in NM.

Comment

Which hunt would you choose?

Gemsbok is a bucket list animal for me.

I will hunt Nilgai on the King one day but they are much more affordable than the Gemsbok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Mike D; 11-30-2022, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Nilgai for me only because I have already shot a Gemsbok in Africa.
                    They are a really cool animal though and if I did not already have one the Gemsbok would probably be my choice just based on looks alone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would do the Nilgai hunt mainly due to it being on the King Ranch. HF hunts just don’t have the same appeal to me but I wouldn’t say no to either opportunity.

Comment

The hunt is a freebee, $10,000 vs $1200. No brainer

Comment

B) Gemsbock

Absolutely beautiful and majestic animal! If you haven’t seen one in real life you are missing out!
                          The mount x20 over the nilgai

Comment

I’d go nilgai, just so I could see if you really need a howitzer to kill one.

Comment

Gemsbok for me. Way good eating and way cool mounts. This one was a free range New Mexico gemsbok.Click image for larger version

Name:	A2851C0E-E086-4F5D-AC0D-8547B2606465.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	24700242

Comment

If you pick the king, try to go during jan or feb, thats when they are rutting but also the whitetail will still have their horns so thats a bonus to look at

Comment

Working...
                                X