High Fence question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    So just buy or lease a 10 acre track right in the middle of a high fence breeding operation. Do not drive and see the HF part for plausible deniability. You could then own a lot of LF records.

How is this even a question?
    Here's how its even a question.

You have a landowner that owns 5000 acres, almost 8 sections, not 10 inside a breeding operation.
    No connection to any neighbors, dont know what they are shooting or not shooting.
    A piece of property that is plus or minus 65% low fenced and balance high fenced.
    if you read the entire thread you can see that it is somewhat divided by people that think one way or another, so it would seem that the question is a relevant one and has intelligent folks on both sides.

Hope that helps clear it up for you.

Comment

It seems that many people argue that if the deer can't escape from you then it is High Fence. In the OPs scenario, the deer CAN escape you by going to the neighbors' property on either side. I think that is why the question is posed. Are you hunting high fence if the deer can escape from the land you are hunting/own?

Comment

I have seen high fenced ranches with an interior low fence all the way around it, there was a road between the two fences, I guess the low fence was to keep the livestock away from the high fence, I guess if they shoot a deer inside that low fence then it is considered a low fence deer.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          I have seen high fenced ranches with an interior low fence all the way around it, there was a road between the two fences, I guess the low fence was to keep the livestock away from the high fence, I guess if they shoot a deer inside that low fence then it is considered a low fence deer.
          lol

Comment

For sake of this argument, are we considering low fence to be the same as free range?

I guess before this was brought up, I considered them one in the same, but now I could see how you could differentiate the two. I'd still consider the situation being discussed as high fence. I could understand how someone could call it "low fence", but I absolutely wouldn't consider the deer to be "free range".

Comment

High fence. 10 acres. 10,000. 100,000. With as many owners inside as you please. Exterior is all high fenced, then it’s high fence.

Low fence=free range.

And the comment that “down south they’ll hit a high fence eventually so it’s all high fence” is stupid lol. They can walk around the place and go from Mexico to Canada. THAT is not high fence.

This is a pretty simple concept. I have nothing against high fence so long as it’s not kick and shoot. I’ll hunt large acreage HF and have. Just stating facts. Folks trying to change a defenition to make them feel good I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                High fence. 10 acres. 10,000. 100,000. With as many owners inside as you please. Exterior is all high fenced, then it’s high fence.

Low fence=free range.

And the comment that “down south they’ll hit a high fence eventually so it’s all high fence” is stupid lol. They can walk around the place and go from Mexico to Canada. THAT is not high fence.

This is a pretty simple concept. I have nothing against high fence so long as it’s not kick and shoot. I’ll hunt large acreage HF and have. Just stating facts. Folks trying to change a defenition to make them feel good I guess?
                are roads the buffer? if i have a perfect square piece of LF property with county roads on all 4 sides, and all of my neighbors across the roads are HF, am i good to call myself LF because the deer can run down the middle of the road until the HF stops?

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                  Here's how its even a question.

You have a landowner that owns 5000 acres, almost 8 sections, not 10 inside a breeding operation.
                  No connection to any neighbors, dont know what they are shooting or not shooting.
                  A piece of property that is plus or minus 65% low fenced and balance high fenced.
                  if you read the entire thread you can see that it is somewhat divided by people that think one way or another, so it would seem that the question is a relevant one and has intelligent folks on both sides.

Hope that helps clear it up for you.
                  Originally posted by rladner View Post
                  It seems that many people argue that if the deer can't escape from you then it is High Fence. In the OPs scenario, the deer CAN escape you by going to the neighbors' property on either side. I think that is why the question is posed. Are you hunting high fence if the deer can escape from the land you are hunting/own?
                  I didn't know deer could read property deeds or tax records and see that someone else owned the property in the middle that had LF around it.

So what's stopping a HF operation from putting a 10, 20 (or whatever size floats your boat) LF plot right in the center of his ranch (of whatever size) and calling it a LF kill?

Again, how in the world is this even a question?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    are roads the buffer? if i have a perfect square piece of LF property with county roads on all 4 sides, and all of my neighbors across the roads are HF, am i good to call myself LF because the deer can run down the middle of the road until the HF stops?
                    As long as the deer on your place can end up in Canada you are good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                      As long as the deer on your place can end up in Canada you are good to go.
                      So of we build the border wall at the southern border (I know, I'm dreaming) and Canada, in retaliation (please, oh please do) does the same to keep us out, are we all then high fenced and we could forever be done with this insane argument?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]1111160[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                          So of we build the border wall at the southern border (I know, I'm dreaming) and Canada, in retaliation (please, oh please do) does the same to keep us out, are we all then high fenced and we could forever be done with this insane argument?

Yes I think so. Since some think the size of a place doesn't matter, I'd say you are correct.

Comment

Water is wet
                            Wait!
                            Water makes stuff wet.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                              Water is wet
                              Wait!
                              Water makes stuff wet.
                              Unless it's already wet, then it just makes it... wetter? Wait, is there different levels of wet, or is wet just wet, no matter how wet?
                              What were we talking about?

Comment

How highs the fence? I saw a video on here of a pig jumping a high fence, so you could have free range pigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X