Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never too old to experience something new in the woods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they just thought you had nose bots? lol

Comment

Two weeks ago I had a doe with a sneezing fit. First just one and the more. She seemed frustrated looking at the ground. She became mad at the ground and stomped it. The sneezing continues for a few minutes. The sneezing sounded just like a human.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        I had a similar experience getting to suppress a cough a couple of weekends ago. Kinda crazy, some of things that do and don’t bother deer.
        I was hunting with my buddy last year and he had Covid and was coughing up his lungs and for whatever reason the deer where obviously not concerned about it.

Comment

Way to condition those deer

Comment

A while back someone on here mentioned placing a dove decoy in the window of a box blind. I did it and it seemed to work. If I sneezed or coughed or moved and caught their attention the deer raised their heads and looked at the decoy then went on eating.

Comment

This thread could have gone sideways in so many ways. Y’all must have pulled out your little bag of manners for Thanksgiving.

Comment

“Every animal in the woods makes noise…. Only 1 has a light”
                -RD

I had a mature 7 walk past last year and bedded behind me about 30 yards and slept for over an hour. In that time he farted like a grown man twice, so loud it startled me!…. I jumped. Lol

Comment

I was hunting here in east tx last week. Had a huge 8pt in the pen that was broke up. He was chasing everything away that got close. Three bucks were hanging out in food plot wishing for corn when a large single doe walked in. She walked right up to the big deer and said Mmmmaaaammmmaaaa! Then hopped in. He let her eat but wouldn't let the other bucks get anywhere close. Never heard that gat vocalization before.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    -RD

I had a mature 7 walk past last year and bedded behind me about 30 yards and slept for over an hour. In that time he farted like a grown man twice, so loud it startled me!…. I jumped. Lol

Are you sure that wasn’t my husband??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      I was hunting here in east tx last week.

When a post starts out like this- it always gets my attention

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        -RD

That’s just too danged funny.

Comment

I have a buddy swear he Purposely crunched an empty water bottle just to see what a couple of does would do. He said they ignored it and went on about their feeding... If I Blink, they-Gone...!

Comment

That’s crazy! Wonder if it is a regional thing.

Comment

Had a similar experience a few weeks ago. Had my three year old in a pop up 20 yards from the feeder. Several deer there and he was coughing constantly. Occasionally the deer would look up, but never spooked at all. Just went back to eating and didn’t seem to care.

Comment

Hunting a tiny sendero in E. Tx when a doe came out to the hand corn. After a couple of minutes she noticed my camo head sticking above a bush. She snorted and split. Well she is gone. Nope -10 minutes later she came back and walked straight to the bush I am sitting in. She sniffed and snorted for a couple of minutes and finally decided to pee on the bush. She then left...

Comment

Working...
                                X