School me on the 6mm Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on the 6mm Creedmoor

I built a fast twist .243 to shoot the heavier bullets because I already had the brass and dies.

If you reload, the 6mm variants are a great choice for a mid rifle that’s good for target and hunting

I say you deserve one!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mkk; 11-20-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
      Its not a bad round. Manbuns love it just for the name. fuds will say it wont do anything a .243 wont. Its like the .260/6.5CM battle.
      It’s basically a readily available fast twist 243. It won’t do anything an 8 twist 243 won’t, but it’ll do a lot of things better than a 10 twist 243.

Comment

Off shelf ammo is enough reason to own one. Inherently accurate. 4 out of 6 gun stores I went to this past week had 6mm creed on the shelf. Did I mention it shoots small torpedos and kills deer exceptionally well?

Comment

6mm creed is a great round. Enough power for any native game in Texas and small enough to not blow varmints apart. Not to mention the TONS of shelf availability. Pretty sweet caliber to hunt and plink steel with.

Comment

I had a .244 Rem once. Very good accuracy til the barrel got hot and fun to shoot. Kilt a few yotes and a bunch of p-dog at distance. I would zing a 60gr pill out to 3900 fps from my hand loads and vaporize P-dogs at 400 yds IF I could hit them

Comment

Funny that most love the 6mm Creed but badmouth the 6.5.
              Load both with a good 100 gr hunting bullet and the 6.5 out runs the 6 by 200 fps. Same as the .260 load a 100 gr Partition or TTSX in it and it’s a bad mofo. Good 100 gr bullet will kill anything we have - no need to use 2 lb bullets in cases that don’t hold enough powder to push em.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                Load both with a good 100 gr hunting bullet and the 6.5 out runs the 6 by 200 fps. Same as the .260 load a 100 gr Partition or TTSX in it and it’s a bad mofo. Good 100 gr bullet will kill anything we have - no need to use 2 lb bullets in cases that don’t hold enough powder to push em.
                I’d like to see you push that 100 gr 6.5 to 1500+ consistently

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  Whoops!

Comment

Not everyone is a wannabe sniper. Some of us hunt.

Comment

We aren’t talking about just shooting deer. Compare the BC on what you are saying. The 6.5 creed is too slow for what it’s pushing. The 6 creed does great. Keep in mind there’s several on this thread that have shot out past a mile. They might know a thing or two. It doesn’t take much to kill a deer at a couple hundred yards.
                      If we want to compare hunting guns then let’s just slap a 300 win mag launching a 180 accubond and end that discussion lol. It goes on and on. The 6 creed does what it was intended to do very well. It wasn’t marketed as a hunting gun. But I’ve shot plenty with one and it does great.

Comment

Not everyone is a wannabe sniper. Some of us hunt.
                        I’ve stacked more bodies in a night with a 6 Creed than you will all season. Try again old bald guy.

Comment

You obviously have very little understanding of how Ballistic Coefficients work.

Comment

I’ve stacked more bodies in a night with a 6 Creed than you will all season. Try again old bald guy.

Lmao

Comment

Sniper = hunter of men

So, samesies

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Lmao! Pancho for the win!

Comment

Working...
                                X