No announcement yet.

Non successful booked hunt payment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope your son has a successful day! Sorry to hear about the circumstances. I would consider something for his time even if only $15 or $20 an hour he has spent actually hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
      This is my hope as well as I’ve told the guide from the first phone conversation that this was all about my son ! I take partial blame for not doing due diligence and my homework prior to booking the hunt.
      PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
        The guide is the owner or son of owner, I’ve talked to the father in the evenings when he stops by to see his son . I’m not bashing this place as there are deer and if someone wanted a “ meat “ MLD hunt tags could easily be filled as we have seen a lot of older 8’s . I will wait to mention any names until I see how this morning plays out , I get it it’s hunting and not a zoo , my complaint this far is lacking of efforts put in to make it a successful hunt.

Yep, there are no guarantees in hunting. The fact that it’s the son of the owner says a lot. A good guide will do everything he can to make his hunter successful. His final pay with tips depends on it. The son of the owner was probably told he had to take y’all out there. A good guide can make all the difference on a place.

I hope your son ends up being successful. IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY MAY HAVE OVER PROMISED THE 150” BUCK. If they only had two pics with one already dead and the other “not old enough” then I think this hunt may have been doomed from the start. All the 130” 8 pointers running around won’t get you what you told them you were after.
        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 11-21-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
          Guide is way too young. Your food, you cook and clean, you’ve done plenty. Imo, I wouldn’t pay more than 50%.
          Young's got nothing to do with it. I'd send my 20 year old to guide any of you.
          Lazy is not age exclusive. I've seen plenty of baloney azz 50 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
            Young's got nothing to do with it. I'd send my 20 year old to guide any of you.
            Lazy is not age exclusive. I've seen plenty of baloney azz 50 year olds.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with the guide being 20.

Most “guides” on game ranches just give you a ride back and forth to the blind and skin your deer if you kill one.

I’m glad to hear they are at least trying a spot and stalk today. That’s usually a low percentage hunt though. A makeshift natural blind set up near game trails would probably be better. Then do some rattling. Unfortunately there’s no time left in this hunt.

Comment

Disagree big time- I ain’t paying that kind of money for a 20 year old or a 24 year old that ain’t seen a tenth of the deer that I’ve seen or killed. That’s just me.

Comment

$500 deposit and then $3250 kill fee if successful was the agreed upon deal? And you provide meals? For a free range 150 or high fence?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  $3750 x zero effort = zero
                  This is the math the "guide" needs to be taught...

Comment

Were there any daily guide fees? Still a little confused on the pay structure.

Comment

Disagree big time- I ain’t paying that kind of money for a 20 year old or a 24 year old that ain’t seen a tenth of the deer that I’ve seen or killed. That’s just me.
                      Doesn't sound like you need a guide. It doesn't matter how many they've seen or killed. What matters is that they've put in the work on THEIR properties. Agree to disagree.
                      Last edited by Graysonhogs; 11-21-2022, 08:20 AM.

Comment

This is the bad part about "pay to play". Someone is not going to be happy.
                        Sounds like the young guide didn't do his job. Pay him accordingly.

I took my son to Quebec on a archery bear hunt as a graduation from college gift. We were guaranteed to have a shot at a bear or no pay. My son shot one with his bow and I saw one but it was out there about 40 yards which is out of my longbow range. I questioned the guide about not getting a shot and he responded by saying, "could you have shot it with a gun". He made his point and I paid. Never again did I or will I go on a pay to play hunt. No animal is worth the costs.

Comment

I wouldn’t guide you for $5k so there’s that.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            Doesn't sound like you need a guide. It doesn't matter how many they've seen or killed. What matters is that they've put in the work on THEIR properties. Agree to disagree.
                            The words tooketh from me

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Lol
                            Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

deerslayer64d - Did you get anything in writing or was it just one phone call?

Are you sure you owe no more money since no opportunity was provided? Or is that the point of this thread, to try and convince yourself it's ok to leave without paying?

What's the ranch name/website? That may clear things up.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X