Thick Pork Chops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twostepct View Post
    Thanks for the responses! I generally sous vide and sear as well, but I didn’t know if someone had any other suggestions. I like the idea of the Perry’s knockoff too.

This is my go to. Sous vide for a few hours with a little seasoning and sear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My favorite pork and chicken seasoning is to dust lightly with seasoned salt, Tony’s, and Fiesta beef fajita seasoning in equal amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        Rub in yellow mustard and your favorite seasoning, grill over wood.
        This!

Comment

Marinade in italiand dressing for 12 hours the grill over mesquite until 150ish. You can thank me later.

Comment

Thick-Cut Pork Chops are marinated with olive oil, red wine, rosemary and blackened Saskatchewan rub and grilled up for a quick and easy meal.

I just use whatever seasoning I feel like in the moment instead of they’re blackened. Pulling off at 140-145 is key. Obviously real wood would be better as well

Comment

Garlic butter and a cast iron pan on the stove, medium or a touch under medium heat. Better than grilled by far

Comment

We do 1.5" often.

Get to room temp. Seasoned Flour coat, egg bath, Italian bread crumbs or other, sear a few minutes in ~1/2" of oil at 325*, place on a rack over a sheet/pan in oven and heat til pork is 160* in center. Family favorite!

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5t8kWkKaDA"]Smothered Pork Chops made easy | #SoulFoodSunday - YouTube[/ame]

like this

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                    We do 1.5" often.

Get to room temp. Seasoned Flour coat, egg bath, Italian bread crumbs or other, sear a few minutes in ~1/2" of oil at 325*, place on a rack over a sheet/pan in oven and heat til pork is 160* in center. Family favorite!
                    Oh yeah!
                    It’s way I do it at home , iron skillet seared then pitched in oven @300 till near done , rest and serve

Comment

I am a thick pork chop fiend. Have cooked a lot of ways but this is my favorite in case anyone wants to try.

I buy 1.5-2" Thick pork chops bone in. Marinate them in any sweet bbq rub with sugar. Add some olive oil, paprika, garlic salt, and brown sugar. Sometime add some vinegar but not required. Place in 1 gallon ziplock bag over night with apple juice.

Grill on hot charcoal or a cast iron skillet to get a good crust. I normally sprinkle regular white sugar on them when cooking to get some caramelization.

As a side cut up 3-4 potatoes and 2-3 red or honey crisp apples. Put on a cookie sheet together. Toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake @ 350 until soft enough for your preference. One of my favorite meals.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                        My favorite is brined, sous vide then seared. Only take store bought pork to 140 now and it is a lot better!
                        Bingo. I wasn't a fan of pork chops until the sous vide.

Comment

I got on a thick pork chop kick a year or two ago. I'd get a nice sear then move the cast iron into the oven and finish cooking to internal temp. Fool proof and delicious

Comment

250-270* till done. Mop with sauce with half an hour left or so. The more fat the better!

Comment

Reverse sear

Comment

Souis viede is the way to go on chops!

Comment

Working...
                                X