Official 2022 Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed home today. Great trip. Observations
    1. Stanek, Tucker, and Meyers were very cool and down to earth people who would talk to you like they were your friends. Like they appreciate the fans. Bregman was pretty cool too, especially when I asked him when his barbecue sauce and seasonings were coming out[emoji1]
    2. Verlander, Luis Garcia, and Brantley, not so much [emoji849]
    3. These guys are big. I’m 6’1”, we were both surprised how big they were when standing next to us.
    4. Pena looks like the real deal
    5. The ballpark is awesome

Joe Dirt himself [emoji1]. He was really cool. Big fan now. Hopefully he’s the 8th inning guy. Jodi loved him. His wife and baby were going on their first road trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW! What a trip! Thanks for takin' us along! A trip like that will give you a whole nother perspective on who these guys really are! My only trip over there was to Jupiter and Roger Dean Stadium... NSA world series tournament that my daughter was playing in... Those ML parks are so nice!! My grandsons love watching the "Skeeters" in Sugar Land!

Comment

I always figured Stanek would be someone cool to sit down and have a beer or three with.

Comment

Dusty was very cool also. Don’t always agree with his managing, but like him a lot as a person

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            WOW! What a trip! Thanks for takin' us along! A trip like that will give you a whole nother perspective on who these guys really are! My only trip over there was to Jupiter and Roger Dean Stadium... NSA world series tournament that my daughter was playing in... Those ML parks are so nice!! My grandsons love watching the "Skeeters" in Sugar Land!
            Slick, they have changed the name this year to the Space Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Slick, they have changed the name this year to the Space Cowboys.

Yea, I remember seeing that! That don't seem to fit very well... I'm not a fan of the name change, but that's just me...

Comment

Went to see the skeeters last year when Bregman was rehabing... My grandsons got to meet him. He was very gracious, patient and good to them. Made my stock in him go up a notch...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Yea, I remember seeing that! That don't seem to fit very well... I'm not a fan of the name change, but that's just me...

I think the only reason was they wanted to completely breakaway from the Skeeters association with Independent ball.

Comment

I know that they are still under contract for the concessions from when it was a New York affiliate... at least through last season... Maybe that ended so they changed the name of the team too... dunno??

Comment

Lfg!

Comment

I’m ready!

Comment

Let’s get this season started!

Comment

Already with the boo birds!

Let's go!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk