No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Freestone County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son and I are in the blind this morning, it’s his wknd again behind the scope, hope the 8 makes an appearance again this morning or this dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Is it just our place or is it extremely slow this weekend? Not many deer and no rut activity. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not freestone, but within walking distance of county line

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181103_072354.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	24559294

This old guy showed up at daybreak opening morning following a single doe and i decided not to pass him up!

Comment

Was bad slow at our place, not even any pigs came out, but there were so many people running around and shooting in the area I’m sure that slowed things down. I hate Opening day of gun season
          Things are so much more peaceful during bow season.
          Off to Luckenbach next week followed by a week in Oklahoma so won’t be back to the farm until thanksgiving week, guess I’ll miss the rut this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not slow at my place, had 21 does and 5 bucks on the food plot or road corn Saturday morning. The bucks were running the does hard. Had 8 pigs come out, nephew and I killed 2. Evening hunt we had 16 does, 3 small bucks and a coyote come out, nephew killed the coyote. Sunday morning had 18 does and a small 4 point and 6 point pestering does, nephew shot a large boar hog eating the road corn. Neighbor had similar sightings as us, he killed 2 pigs on Saturday. I only herd 8 shots all weekend 4 from us and 2 from neighbor, usually sounds like a war around us, but was very quiet. Coming thru the pasture around 11:00 this morning we were corning the roads and one of our tame does come running towards the mule to get a handout and had a nice, heavy 16 inch, 8 point with her that would not leave. He was very nervous but did not leave his love lady. Buck came within 25 yards of the Mule, while we hand fed the doe Fritos, also her nickname. Did not go out this evening, had to take the nephew back to Royse City. Congrats on the Nice 8 point, Steve. Good luck to the rest of the Freestone area hunters.

Comment

20181104_075033.jpg

Comment

Brother-in-law got an unusual 13pt off my place this morning. We’re still seeing rutting activity . Will post pic if I can get it to load.

We’ve seen more bucks than doe until this weekend. The bucks are moving and the does are being pushed.

Comment

Only saw 2 does this weekend. It was pretty windy and then the storm Saturday night...

Comment

I will be out this Saturday, NE wind forecasted hurts my best spot but afternoon suppose to switch to E SE, which is doable. Hopefully this changes tomorrow night.

I have an 8 and 7 both really wide bucks I'm after and a 3.5 old typical 10 with kickers that I want too pass on. I will probably see him 15 yards broadside.

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
                      I will be out this Saturday, NE wind forecasted hurts my best spot but afternoon suppose to switch to E SE, which is doable. Hopefully this changes tomorrow night.

I have an 8 and 7 both really wide bucks I'm after and a 3.5 old typical 10 with kickers that I want too pass on. I will probably see him 15 yards broadside.
                      Good luck to you this weekend. I'm headed down to our place near Oakwood after work today for the weekend. Hoping this cold front stirs some movement.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                        [ATTACH]931938[/ATTACH]

This old guy showed up at daybreak opening morning following a single doe and i decided not to pass him up!
                        Tell Rock and Erney we said hey!👍

Comment

Saturday morning I was shut out. Afternoon doe and fawn that got ran off the food plot by three yotes. Then at 530 a young 8 cruising. Be back week of thanksgiving but it’s usually slow until late December.

Comment

This weekend was awful. We seen one hog all weekend. I thought with the cold front the would be moving. We still had fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                              This weekend was awful. We seen one hog all weekend. I thought with the cold front the would be moving. We still had fun though.
                              Its been horrible slow in Navarro the last week plus, I really figured it would get crazy this weekend with the rut approaching and this heavy cold front. Hoping it gets better this week.

Comment

I hunted for nine days and seen 6 deer the first 7 and then the last two I seen 30 deer. The bucks kicked in started chasing. The were ground scraping and tearing trees up. I seen about 12 different bucks any where from a spike two a 9pt. Now at work and see if I can get a kitchen pass for this weekend. seen him and let him walk. Not sure on age. What’s your thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X