Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellowfin Tuna - Offshore November / Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior View Post
    nice, do they clean the fish for yall, or do yall have to do it?
    They will clean it, but they charge something like $.40/lb for rough cleaning and $.60/lb if they removed all the darker stuff.

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
    holy cow, cook that stuff!
    NO WAY!!!! At most sear it.

Comment

Another great trip! We all caught fish and had a good time! I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Comment

It was the best time getting an azzwoopin that money can buy.
        Good times with great guys.

Seas were very calm the whole time.

Even the rigs put on a light show for us.

Comment

Meat. Haul.!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            holy cow, cook that stuff!

Holy cow

No

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Good luck boys. In to see the haul. Doug promised me some tuna!

Well...maybe not. But I think he did.

Doug who??????

I think there might a little left. Glen was eating it as fast as he cleaned ours today! Lol
              Ill be home tomorrow, come get ya some!

Comment

Will do. Congrats on the meat haul

Comment

I had an amazing time. Thanks for the letting me tag along

Comment

Good to meet you today glen and Doug, I’ll try and talk myself into the next trip out. Pics don’t do the size of those fish justice, many of those yellowfin were absolute donks.

Comment

Big tuna was 143 lbs. Average weight was 90 lbs. 3600 lbs cleaned at the fish shack not counting those that took their own to clean. Yellow fin loss at the rail was apx. 1500 lbs. Deck , rails, benches covered in blood both nights. Tails thumping the deck all night both nights. It got tragic and stayed tragic the entire trip as always. Very bad 2 nights to be a tuna fish. [emoji16]
                      [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

It was great time with old friends and guys I just met.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well done gentlemen, congrats to all. I wish Syl and I would have been down there to welcome that load back to dock.

Hogboy

Comment

Stickman. Great to meet you as well.

Guys that keep saying they gotta do this. I highly reccomend it. It may be a one time deal or just the opposite. You may go for a one time trip and end up being a regular. It is an awesome experience. Until you are able to witness these fish feeding on top you will not understand the spectacle.

Hope all you new friends feel like it lived up to the excitement. Think everyone was humbled and took a tail whoopin from a tuna

Comment

Some Big Azz Steaks ....

Garca level

SON

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

WOO TO THE DURN HOO!!!!!!!

I'm at work and barely had time to get my fish organized in 3 boxes last night. Never had to go to a third box before. Big chunks of prime tuna loin. Poke will be made tonight as I dive in and start processing.

Plan to smoke and can tuna this go round. Will steak the primo cuts, can the trimmings and slot some to the side for tuna jerky.

Dock said I had 328 lbs of fish?!?!?!?

Had about the same fishing Baja Mexico last month.

Between here and there. Did it in 50 hours here....there, did it in 4 days. 700lbs of fish in roughly a month...guess that's it for awhile?

I absolutely enjoyed fishing with my old Middle Coast Compadres and finally meeting some NewUn's too!!!!!

Glad to see you Stickman - looked for you after I got my junk off the boat to chat, will catch up soon enough. Got side tracked with talking to Tim in the Office about the Mexico Trip with Timmy and Halco.

I had a solid fish that made the vertical rack, over 100. Never weighed it......should of.

The Almaco Jack went 32lbs. Barrelfish were in the 20s. Mahi was in the teens. Grouper were around 7lbs.

Nice solid mix of filets.
                                Last edited by AtTheWall; 11-09-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X