Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next lease weekend should be “interesting” to say the least.

Comment

If you have a No Kill List. Then you need to have a list of consequences for not following the camp rules. For instance, if you shoot a deer on the No Kill List, then your hunting privileges will be immediately and permanently revoked without any refund.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sounds like a can of worms to me. I'm way to old to have someone telling me what I can kill and what I cannot. Fortunately I hunt my own land with Sil's and Grand kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post

I’m positive he’s talking about Freakin Rican

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EMiller View Post
              For the record, we have no lease agreement. We are a group of hunters that mutually agree on harvesting mature deer!!! We set the age to 5.5yr old deer. The deer that is being discussed was without a doubt 5.5yrs old. He was the ONLY 5.5 year old deer on the no kill list the OP speaks of. But what he failed to mention is the multiple discussions we had about moving him to the KILL LIST!

I will admit that with us having a tenative kill/no kill list that its unfair to send an arrow at a deer EVERYONE has not talked about. Im the only person that has seen that deer this year. Age was not a question , the deer met all lease requirements other than the OP’s (maybe hell blow up at 6.5) He walked out infront of me 200+lbs and about 145” of antler. I had the opportunity and I took it. As for him nonchalantly calling me a liar, I didnt tell anyone about the deer simply because I spent 20+ hrs searching sick to my stomach about the reality I may not find him. Its something ill never stop thinking about, All I can do is pray he lives. I hope this clears up some of the “mud” I am a 100% team player but rules have to be across the board. There can not be a grey area or exceptions on deer just because they dont meet your standards. P.S this is something that should have been discussed with myself and the other 7 members on the lease prior to going to a social forum!
              Get back out there and shoot him again. Then find a lease for next year without Mickey Mouse lists and random knee jerk rules that destroy hunting, or better yet hunt public land. There are a few leases that properly implement management rules based on real data and succeed at improving the herd, most are just a bunch of guys playing the part because they were told it's cool and they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                I’m positive he’s talking about Freakin Rican

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                He has never made it on the list

Comment

Too many rules.......

Comment

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

He was on the list....
                    Farm truck was off said list and removed from lease.. poor guy must have had to walk to the stand

Comment

Mr Miller, Im not choosing sides on this cluster F but I will say you lost a lot of credibility when you shot and didnt recover a deer and didnt tell anyone about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        So you are saying that you convinced the other 7 members that you were right? Does that mean you are the new lease boss and the other guy went packing? You seem pretty sure that you are going to one rule now...
                        You were reading my mind....

Comment

By the length of this thread, just trying to get the facts straight...I'd say it sounds like there are communication problems. Get that resolved, and you'll reduce issues like this in the future.

Comment

I'm always late to the dang party.
                            Shooting this questionable deer and then not telling people you did seems like a pretty sure fire way to **** people off...
                            While the OP's communication skills are lacking, it sounds like Mr. Miller did something he knew would or might **** people off. Surprise
                            Last edited by meltingfeather; 11-09-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

There needs to be a THB court to settle matters like this.

Comment

Cue the peoples court music!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X