Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my 11 back today that I killed last year. As always I’m real happy with the work Jerry did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it will be close to freezing temps this week, maybe they will start hitting the feeders then.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
        Heck of a sika. Congrats on the kill.

Heading to the lease again Thursday evening. Hoping to get the wife on a management deer that has been very unpredictable thus far. Maybe the cooler weather will help him slip up one time.

Here he is last year.

And here he is this year. Any guesses on age?

Good luck.

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
        Got my 11 back today that I killed last year. As always I’m real happy with the work Jerry did.

Comment

Well he’s smarter than he is pretty that’s for sure. He likes to hang out behind the feeder when I do get a rare glimpse of him. Maybe this evening he gets sent to the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            It was a dang good thread in 2017 again and with protein, cottonseed, alfalfa, turkey and coon killing season coming up it's time to start a new one. [emoji3]. Junior is getting antsy so here we go!

Post up your pics and stories fellas as usual. Hunts, trail camera pics, LDPs, work weekends, new projects, food, drinks, coons and other varmint carnages are all welcome! The more participation (and last year was a great example) the better the thread. Here's to a bountiful 2018 for us Angelo area hunters!
            nice

Comment

??

Don't remember if I posted these pics before...dang thread is so long I fall asleep before I can get thru it, lol...but it's GREAT!

1st pic is my Birthday Buck from last November I just got back from the Taxi in Bronte. 9 point and looks great (I think) on my wall.

2nd & 3rd are my "Target" critters this year...nice Fallows...BUT, it's so dang muddy everything is getting stuck except the UTV's!

Good hunting all...we hunt near Robert Lee....
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                Don't remember if I posted these pics before...dang thread is so long I fall asleep before I can get thru it, lol...but it's GREAT!

1st pic is my Birthday Buck from last November I just got back from the Taxi in Bronte. 9 point and looks great (I think) on my wall.

2nd & 3rd are my "Target" critters this year...nice Fallows...BUT, it's so dang muddy everything is getting stuck except the UTV's!

I remember when you killed that buck. He’s a dang nice one and looks awesome on the wall.

Comment

Which side of Robert Lee? We are south and have seen a few aoudad, but that is it for exotics.

Comment

I have a **** ton of work to do and I can't concentrate for **** because I am ready to be westbound.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      Which side of Robert Lee? We are south and have seen a few aoudad, but that is it for exotics.
                      On the Angelo side. NEVER seen anything exotic before until these Fallow. Just heard from my son (also TBH) his wife shot a big buck. They are looking for it...shot from my blind as I'm home taking care of my wife who recently had hip replacement surgery. Will post pics....

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post

Very nice man! Great deer! Looks great!

Comment

On the Angelo side. NEVER seen anything exotic before until these Fallow. Just heard from my son (also TBH) his wife shot a big buck. They are looking for it...shot from my blind as I'm home taking care of my wife who recently had hip replacement surgery. Will post pics....

Nice!

Good movement this morning. Still in the stand and have seen 10-11 bucks and 3 does.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            Nice!

Good movement this morning. Still in the stand and have seen 10-11 bucks and 3 does.

Are they rutting? Looks like I can finally go next weekend!!!!

Comment

Good luck to everyone out west, wish i was there!

Comment

Are they rutting? Looks like I can finally go next weekend!!!!
                                I think you will hit it exactly right.

Comment

Working...
                                X