Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EMiller View Post
    For the record, we have no lease agreement. We are a group of hunters that mutually agree on harvesting mature deer!!! We set the age to 5.5yr old deer. The deer that is being discussed was without a doubt 5.5yrs old. He was the ONLY 5.5 year old deer on the no kill list the OP speaks of. But what he failed to mention is the multiple discussions we had about moving him to the KILL LIST!

I will admit that with us having a tenative kill/no kill list that its unfair to send an arrow at a deer EVERYONE has not talked about. Im the only person that has seen that deer this year. Age was not a question , the deer met all lease requirements other than the OP’s (maybe hell blow up at 6.5) He walked out infront of me 200+lbs and about 145” of antler. I had the opportunity and I took it. As for him nonchalantly calling me a liar, I didnt tell anyone about the deer simply because I spent 20+ hrs searching sick to my stomach about the reality I may not find him. Its something ill never stop thinking about, All I can do is pray he lives. I hope this clears up some of the “mud” I am a 100% team player but rules have to be across the board. There can not be a grey area or exceptions on deer just because they dont meet your standards. P.S this is something that should have been discussed with myself and the other 7 members on the lease prior to going to a social forum!

Well there you have it TBH

2 Sides to every story!

Comment

Wheres that awkward meme??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

For the record, we have no lease agreement. We are a group of hunters that mutually agree on harvesting mature deer!!! We set the age to 5.5yr old deer. The deer that is being discussed was without a doubt 5.5yrs old. He was the ONLY 5.5 year old deer on the no kill list the OP speaks of. But what he failed to mention is the multiple discussions we had about moving him to the KILL LIST!

I will admit that with us having a tenative kill/no kill list that its unfair to send an arrow at a deer EVERYONE has not talked about. Im the only person that has seen that deer this year. Age was not a question , the deer met all lease requirements other than the OP’s (maybe hell blow up at 6.5) He walked out infront of me 200+lbs and about 145” of antler. I had the opportunity and I took it. As for him nonchalantly calling me a liar, I didnt tell anyone about the deer simply because I spent 20+ hrs searching sick to my stomach about the reality I may not find him. Its something ill never stop thinking about, All I can do is pray he lives. I hope this clears up some of the “mud” I am a 100% team player but rules have to be across the board. There can not be a grey area or exceptions on deer just because they dont meet your standards. P.S this is something that should have been discussed with myself and the other 7 members on the lease prior to going to a social forum!
        Holy Crap! This thread never ceases to give you more. Just when you thought it was going to curl up and die, the alleged perp walks in and give his side!!!

Welcome to the fire EMiller. Hopefully your target buck lives. They are some tough critters.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Wheres that awkward meme??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          If he stays on the lease we’ll have to get a picture of everyone around the camp fire and use it.

I was wondering why this thread popped back up. Probably be here for a couple days again.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              Yeah, I can see the problem.....
              Yep....

Comment

Man sounds like y’all need a new lease manager.

Comment

You must have been really tired walking around for 20 hours straight. Sucks you didn’t find him

Comment

Hhmmmm.....

Crickets chirping on this one

Comment

Kill em all

Comment

Before I saw this post... I was thinking to myself as I scrolled through... how can we be sure the guy didn't come clean and wasn't going to bring up the fact he arrowed a buck... seems folks were taking one side's word as gospel. We don't know how it was communicated... if it was pryed out or not... at a minimum he acknowledged it at some point.

I can't really make a call on who is right or wrong in this situation... to me, it seems like there is an environment for a ton of confusion. I agree, things like this should be discussed internally before being thrown out on a public forum.

But... I think I might side with you just because I understood your response here and you know where the period and comma are on a keyboard!!!!

Sucks you are going through all of this and didn't even have the deer to show for it!

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                          Kill em all

Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly there is no right or wrong, the whole thing is just a crap shoot. But its definitely something that will be discussed as a group on our lease. We will go to ONE definitive rule which is 5.5+ yr old deer. Whats sad had this situation been the reverse, id be giving him a high five and a congratulations! Good luck out there everyone!

Comment

I smell an opening!!

Comment

Honestly there is no right or wrong, the whole thing is just a crap shoot. But its definitely something that will be discussed as a group on our lease. We will go to ONE definitive rule which is 5.5+ yr old deer. Whats sad had this situation been the reverse, id be giving him a high five and a congratulations! Good luck out there everyone!
                                So you are saying that you convinced the other 7 members that you were right? Does that mean you are the new lease boss and the other guy went packing? You seem pretty sure that you are going to one rule now...

Comment

Working...
                                X