Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what gauge square tubing

to build tree stand and ladders with?

anyone got a good plan to share for a stand and ladder builds?

Thanks!

I’d wouldn’t have any issue using 14 gauge. 11 if you want it heavy built. I overbuild everything I do.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
      to build tree stand and ladders with?

anyone got a good plan to share for a stand and ladder builds?

Thanks!
      What size tubing?

Comment

I buy the top rail pipe for chain link fence. It's cheap, plenty strong if braced properly, and it has one end swedged down to fit together.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          I buy the top rail pipe for chain link fence. It's cheap, plenty strong if braced properly, and it has one end swedged down to fit together.

Hoggslayer
          not sure what you mean! isn't a top rail pipe for a chain link fence galvanized? can't (or shouldn't) weld galvanized steel...

Comment

You can weld it fine, just stick a fan on it while you’re doing it.

Comment

I always used 1 1/2" 14ga on ours

Comment

14 gauge is plenty strong

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                  You can weld it fine, just stick a fan on it while you’re doing it.
                  It welds just fine. I've welded tons of it. Make sure you have ventilation like he said above.

Comment

Building with round is harder than with square as joints are harder to make well but I always use round. Round has no edges and camo's much better than square. The deer probably don't mind but the square shows up much better to other hunters because of the corners. I use 1 1/4 emt that slips into 1 1/2" emt. It only comes in 10' lengths though. It is about 14 ga. inthickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                      Building with round is harder than with square as joints are harder to make well but I always use round. Round has no edges and camo's much better than square. The deer probably don't mind but the square shows up much better to other hunters because of the corners. I use 1 1/4 emt that slips into 1 1/2" emt. It only comes in 10' lengths though. It is about 14 ga. inthickness.
                      Good thing about that light gage EMT is you can beat the ends into any joint you want. I don't mind a gap or two I can fill with weld.

Hoggslayer

Comment

You can grind a pipe joint in them just as quick and makes for a much stronger joint.

Comment

14 Gauge

Comment

1"

Comment

Working...
                            X