Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
    My 9 year old shot his first deer this morning. Made a perfect shot with his Crossbow at 15 yards. Super proud of him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice

Comment

Way to go

Comment

My 9 year old shot his first deer this morning. Made a perfect shot with his Crossbow at 15 yards. Super proud of him!

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats to your son on his first deer.

Comment

I will be at the state park in San Angelo next week on a doe-spike hunt, we can also shoot Axis and Javelina, any chance of seeing an Axis or javelina at the state park?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg View Post
              I will be at the state park in San Angelo next week on a doe-spike hunt, we can also shoot Axis and Javelina, any chance of seeing an Axis or javelina at the state park?

Maybe but I doubt it. Don't figure they'd put it on the shootables list if they hadn't seen at least one out there.

Comment

Thanks guys, he was super excited. Now it's time to find him a buck.

Another toad of a management buck was killed this weekend by one of the members 8 month pregnant wife! Movement was good, things are starting to get going.
                Attached Files

Comment

Y'all see any bucks chasing does this weekend?

I'm counting the minutes until we head out on Friday.

Comment

Was still super slow in irion this weekend. Not much of any prerut activity. No new deer at feeders in the last week. I even made a road corn setup and still only a handful of young bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      Was still super slow in irion this weekend. Not much of any prerut activity. No new deer at feeders in the last week. I even made a road corn setup and still only a handful of young bucks.

Same in Tom Green I’m told.

One of our hunters had 3 sits and saw one deer total in a pen that usually averages 8-12 deer a sit.

It’s bad out there

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

One of our hunters had 3 sits and saw one deer total in a pen that usually averages 8-12 deer a sit.

It’s bad out there

Updates opposite at our place in Water valley. Bucks chasin like crazy and lots of new bucks showin up. Guy rattled in 6 different bucks in one set. Headed up Thursday to get after it!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

It’s bad out there
                          I have a sneaky feeling they will come out of the rut better than they have in many years

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            I have a sneaky feeling they will come out of the rut better than they have in many years

Of course... with those results ...alive and full of non corn food[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              Same here for us in NW Schleicher county last weekend. Lots of dink bucks are trying to chase but the few mature bucks we saw showed no interest in the does. These deer sure aren’t hungry right now as feeder activity is slow. Saw decent numbers but many just skirting the pens without even hitting feeders.

Comment

Opening morning was a good one for me! I had a Sika bull come in at first light. Didn’t have him on any cameras. This is the first time we’ve had one on our place.

Comment

Working...
                                X