Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know how the lease members feel. Was setting in my easy chair watching football and grandson sends me a picture of a nice buck and asks if he has permission to shoot it. Tell him no that I would hunt that spot next weekend and shoot it. Few minutes later get a text from him saying buck down and to add insult he sends picture of dead buck. Now my question is do I kick him off family ranch for not obeying.

PS Itold him to shoot the and he didn't have to ask.

Comment

Lol you had me. I was like this grandpa is a cut throat.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Nutshell:
        Deer: meets age requirement but not the sacred secret member no hit list thats only available telepathically.
        No hit list: exists in minds of those not happy with someone shooting something that didnt walk out in front of them first.
        Lease manager: guy with land owners phone number, and the guy with the working generator at camp. No experience necessary.
        Story: convoluted, confusing, piecemeal, and completely soaked with chum.
        Hunter/dispicable lease member: shot at something, didnt recover it, later found to have also kicked a puppy and is solely responsible for common core math.

Hope this helps.
        I thought they went fishing? Now I'm really confused.

Did they practice catch and release? There are rules to fishing also.

Comment

Originally posted by teamron View Post
          Was there any pea gravel involved? Or did I miss that part.
          Or for his punishment maybe ALL the other lease members can hump him at the same time until he pees.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
            BUT... you missed the 5.5 or older deer are good to kill post
            No I saw that too. If the group consensus was to let the deer walk by putting him on the no shoot list, then the lease member over stepped.

My guess is that something obviously was about as clear as mud or the guy who shot the deer just didn’t care.

Comment

This thread delivers, lmbo

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
                No I saw that too. If the group consensus was to let the deer walk by putting him on the no shoot list, then the lease member over stepped.

My guess is that something obviously was about as clear as mud or the guy who shot the deer just didn’t care.
                Has anyone asked the question... What does the lease contract say?

Seriously, can the "group" get together and just say a certain buck is off limits if that's not in the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  Has anyone asked the question... What does the lease contract say?

Seriously, can the "group" get together and just say a certain buck is off limits if that's not in the contract?
                  My guess is that IF they had a contract, there is zero about this situation, which can only be described as a cluster fork. Has anyone talked to the "offender" about any of this or possible punishments? I am not reading this dam thread again to find out. I'd rather be kicked in the taint and thrown into a mudhole. A signed copy with members signatures of a kill list WITH pics solves this.

Comment

this is still a thing?????

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                      He never was on the kill list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Was this a high fence ranch ? What happens if a buck that is never seen or photographed before is seen while hunting and appears to be a stud 6.5 year old high scoring Boone and Crockett. You can’t shoot him because he wasn’t on the hit list .

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                        I’m on a lease that doesn’t have many rules and after reading the OP’s back and forth, I’m glad we don’t.
                        Same here! Can't imagine what it's like to deal with something like this. On our lease (all family for the most part) we are all like minded and don't shoot just anything. But we also like to have fun and enjoy our hunts not walking on egg shells. Glad we are able to have the set up we have...

Comment

I ran into an old buddy and he had shot one of the best looking 8 points ive seen out of san saba county. 17-18" dark horned 4.5 maybe 5.5 yr old deer. He said he was excited to shoot it and the "lease manager" got ****** when he got back to camp and through a girl type fit that the deer was too young and they are not supposed to shoot deer less then 5.5 and he watched that buck for and hour and let it go, guy said ruined the whole weekend and now he will be searching for a new lease. This is why I will never jump on a lease with other people.

Comment

In the grand scheme of things to be upset about in life, this seems pretty pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to know what school and management degree these people have in order to make all these decisions. Glad we don't have these problems. We hunt, enjoy it and that is that...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

In my opinion, if a deer is on the no shoot list. That deer is not to be shot. No matter the age.

Comment

Working...
                                X