Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
    He came out on a group text after another member text in the group so when is it ok to shoot a buck that’s not on the No Kill list . Of course nobody on the group new what he was talking about and a couple of members asked what are you talking about and several minutes later the guy comes on there and tells his story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow

Comment

Just a discussion guys like many others on the green screen and by the way he used a RAGE lol

Comment

I mean I understand he is 5.5 are older but we had him on the no kill list . I don’t want to be that lease manager that changed the rules for one guy what do I do we did talk about this buck maybe going on the list because we thought he was 5.5 but never made that clear with all the members the member made a decision on his own and said he is definitely 5.5 and shot the buck without telling the rest of us .. and other members are mad including myself because they thought he was on the no kill list !!

I think the ball was dropped and grace should be extended here.

The deer met the 5.5 year old published rule.
        The deer was only discussed going on the no shoot list.
        If it was on the list, it was not communicated to all members.

Feel bad for the folks that believed he was on the list and passed on him. But again, sounds like improvements in the communication plan is needed.

Comment

Just a discussion guys like many others on the green screen and by the way he used a RAGE lol

Amen Brother!

Comment

Mistakes happen. LET IT GO, and move on.

Comment

Let’s look at this at another angle say I as the lease manager shot the buck after it was on the no kill list ? Would it makes things different?

Comment

The rules were never changed yes 5.5 are older is fair game that is in the rules but the buck was clearly on a no kill list that all the members had !! And second the buck was never found . And the lease member never mentioned shooting the deer to anyone on the lease !
                I'm not sure how drunk you were when you started the thread but you continually go back and forth on saying he was on the list then that he was not

If he was not on the list then tough **** he did nothing wrong with shooting that deer

Comment

Its a buck! He is old enough and there is only several million more in this state!!! Geeze some folks act like he is the scared one! Its a legal buck and meets your agreement on age so move on, say congrats and get over it and quit trying to ruin the enjoyment of hunting.

Comment

He came out on a group text after another member text in the group so when is it ok to shoot a buck that’s not on the No Kill list . Of course nobody on the group new what he was talking about and a couple of members asked what are you talking about and several minutes later the guy comes on there and tells his story

Let’s look at this at another angle say I as the lease manager shot the buck after it was on the no kill list ? Would it makes things different?

Do you not see the problem?

Comment

I am not so sure why people reading this are not getting that there are 2 lists

a "no shoot list"
                      AND
                      a "shoot list"

he was ON the "no shoot list" and they had talked about the deer being put on the "shoot list" but had decided against it

Comment

Depends if you told yourself it was ON the list...... but what list? The NO kill list, the maybe kill list, the 5.5 yo list, the 5.5 yo deer but NO kill list, the kill list......

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                          So he didn’t break a rule here.
                          It sure sounds like someone is just envious that he has had some good fortune.

If the rule is 5.5 and older it sounds like he didn’t break that rule either on the buck in question.

Hunter shot one good buck that didn’t meet the Trophy rule. He is still allowed a trophy. He starts having another buck come to his feeder that is really nice and probably 5.5 and older, but no one can really know for sure since they don’t have history of him since he was born. Some of the lease members or boss decide that they need to change their rule of 5.5 and older for just this deer. Since this nice buck is coming to the feeder of the guy that already got a buck...that didn’t break any rules. This sound about right???

I would probably just stick to the rule of 5.5 and older. If you don’t like that change it to 6.5... Next Season.
                          You can’t just pick which bucks will do better at 6.5 as you go. Well you can and you have this mess.

This is what I'm seeing. If the contract says 5.5 or older and the buck meets that age then the hunter did not do anything wrong. Its kinda like saying you can kill any 5.5 but just not THAT 5.5 year old. Unless the OP specified in the contract that a trophy was 5.5 but was open to exemptions that were agreed on by the lease members, I don't see how the guy did anything wrong. By the OP even mentioning the management buck the guy killed that was within the guidelines of the lease I think it just kinda shows a little bit of butt hurtness and the OP trying to find a way to punish the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                            I am not so sure why people reading this are not getting that there are 2 lists

a "no shoot list"
                            AND
                            a "shoot list"

he was ON the "no shoot list" and they had talked about the deer being put on the "shoot list" but had decided against it
                            Exactly! The member shot the buck on a no kill list final answer here ..

Comment

My head is spinning like crazy!!!
                              Last edited by Cooper; 11-02-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

And for the record if I was gonna shoot a buck on the no kill list it would not have been that one

Comment

Working...
                                X