Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter didn't do anything wrong.

This all sounds like jealousy and poor communication. Hunter has harvested two good bucks that agree with your rules and everybody else is jealous they didn't get to harvest those bucks themselves. Sounds like somebody else wanted to shoot this buck in question and was waiting for it to show up at their feeder before saying "hey guys, this buck we bent the rules for is on the SHOOT list now"

IMO it is a lease management issue. Keep clean crisp rules and don't change them for things that "might" happen. That same deer "might have" ended up hit by a car and dead on the side of the road. If your rule is 5.5 years old, that's it. No special cases. Your own posts have been bent and info withheld in attempt to sway the story your own way. Your lease rules appear to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
      The rules were never changed yes 5.5 are older is fair game that is in the rules but the buck was clearly on a no kill list that all the members had !! And second the buck was never found . And the lease member never mentioned shooting the deer to anyone on the lease !
      Your story is all over the **** place. If anything your credibility on this is shot.

Comment

so how do you know he shot the deer ?? never found , never mentioned ? WOW clear as mud

Comment

It sounds to me like y’all need a Beer Summitt and a campfire to hash this out.

Comment

Well another problem is he never recovered the buck but another lease member caught wind of him shooting the buck ! And was asking since when do we shoot bucks that are not on the No Kill list ! Of course we didn’t have a clue what was going on !!

So, he was never recovered? Might not of actually killed it. The wouldn't be against the no kill list. That argument would seem to really fit on this lease.

Comment

The rules were never changed yes 5.5 are older is fair game that is in the rules but the buck was clearly on a no kill list that all the members had !! And second the buck was never found . And the lease member never mentioned shooting the deer to anyone on the lease !

Where's the proof he actually shot it? Or is this one man's word vs another?

Comment

First rule that could have been broken was shooting a buck under the age limit (he did not break that rule)

Second rule that could have been broken was shooting a buck that was on the do not shoot list (he did break that)

The question comes down to how clear and concise the "no shoot list" was created AND communicated to the entire group. If there was not a clear and concise no shoot list with agreed upon ages included that was given to each and every member then this mistake is on the person that was in charge of the "no shoot list", not the hunter. If the hunter shot a buck at all and it was not reported or logged and the lease agreement requires all buck kills to be reported or logged then that is on the hunter and is a MUCH bigger deal in my mind, and also leads to suspicion that he may have known that this buck was on the "no shoot list". Sounds like a trouble lease member to me, but it also sounds like the person in charge of the lease needs to dot their i's and cross their t's when it comes to the rules of the lease and the "do not shoot list"

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
                  Where's the proof he actually shot it? Or is this one man's word vs another?

He came out on a group text after another member text in the group so when is it ok to shoot a buck that’s not on the No Kill list . Of course nobody on the group new what he was talking about and a couple of members asked what are you talking about and several minutes later the guy comes on there and tells his story

Comment

And second the buck was never found . And the lease member never mentioned shooting the deer to anyone on the lease !
                    This just keeps getting better and better.
                    I wonder, is this guy a member here as well??
                    Would like to hear his story before I decide a verdict!!

Comment

It's a deer. Hunting is supposed to be fun. I'll never understand the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        It's a deer. Hunting is supposed to be fun. I'll never understand the drama.

Beat me to it. I totally understand the management part, but it a fun hobby. Deep down, when this comes up, I think the other lease members are just jealous because they were hoping to have a chance at the buck next year...

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                          First rule that could have been broken was shooting a buck under the age limit (he did not break that rule)

Second rule that could have been broken was shooting a buck that was on the do not shoot list (he did break that)

The question comes down to how clear and concise the "no shoot list" was created AND communicated to the entire group. If there was not a clear and concise no shoot list with agreed upon ages included that was given to each and every member then this mistake is on the person that was in charge of the "no shoot list", not the hunter. If the hunter shot a buck at all and it was not reported or logged and the lease agreement requires all buck kills to be reported or logged then that is on the hunter and is a MUCH bigger deal in my mind, and also leads to suspicion that he may have known that this buck was on the "no shoot list". Sounds like a trouble lease member to me, but it also sounds like the person in charge of the lease needs to dot their i's and cross their t's when it comes to the rules of the lease and the "do not shoot list"

I agree I understand my faults in this as the lease manager . What worries me most is it just seems he wasn’t going to tell anyone he shot the deer since he didn’t find it !!

Comment

OP, do you see any of the guys’ opposing points on this issue? What were your expectations in posting this thread? It’s abundantly clear (unlike your lease rules ) you’re not going to change your position on this matter.

Again, this is all over a deer. If it’s about him, kick him off the lease. It’s really simple.

Comment

OP, if your gut is telling you that this member is going to be a problem going forward I’d let him go after the season. If not then just be sure everyone is on the same page & what the penalty’s would be if the rules are not followed. My 2 cents, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                                If this thread is any indication there may be a communication problem
                                Well put.

Take the blame Hoss.

Comment

Working...
                                X