Thats one thing I have not seen at our place in 12 years is a porcupine

Comment

We have A LOT of skeeters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        We have A LOT of skeeters.

You ain’t lying. They still tore my *** up even with a thermacell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
          You ain’t lying. They still tore my *** up even with a thermacell.

Thermacell stood no chance.

Comment

Y’all boys didn’t draw any blood this weekend?

Comment

Sounds like the skeeters did

Comment

1 doe this morning. Too dark to shoot. Hogs are wiping out my hand corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  Thermacell stood no chance.
                  Not one chance at all.

I know of 5 pigs recovered on our place. Not sure if any others were wounded.

Comment

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Pretty decent one started to show during last weeks cool spell.

Comment

Working on getting a video of that porcupine uploaded. Talked to the rancher this morning on the way out. He says to shoot all porcupines on sight. I guess they're days are numbered. Cool critters. Too bad they're so destructive.

Mosquito's were horrible this morning. Only saving grace was i had double head nets on, used my mosquito soap, and had two "mosquitospell" bracelet thingamajigs on. Helped quite a bit.

But as stated above, i have my eye on one particular buck. The battery had died on my corn feeder it looks like a couple of weeks ago. Replaced the battery, threw out a bunch of corn yesterday. But i was not overly optimistic going out this morning. Sunrise at 7:30 a.m. I got up nice and early, drove to my usual parking spot, made he 1/2 mile walk to the tripod. As i make the last turn on my approach, i hear the sound of feet hitting the cattle panel and something jumping out of the feeder pen. Gotta be a doe, right? Please see below. "A.M. and P.M. were backwards (fixed that this morning). Just sick. Try again in two weeks. Dang it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        Working on getting a video of that porcupine uploaded. Talked to the rancher this morning on the way out. He says to shoot all porcupines on sight. I guess they're days are numbered. Cool critters. Too bad they're so destructive.

Mosquito's were horrible this morning. Only saving grace was i had double head nets on, used my mosquito soap, and had two "mosquitospell" bracelet thingamajigs on. Helped quite a bit.

But as stated above, i have my eye on one particular buck. The battery had died on my corn feeder it looks like a couple of weeks ago. Replaced the battery, threw out a bunch of corn yesterday. But i was not overly optimistic going out this morning. Sunrise at 7:30 a.m. I got up nice and early, drove to my usual parking spot, made he 1/2 mile walk to the tripod. As i make the last turn on my approach, i hear the sound of feet hitting the cattle panel and something jumping out of the feeder pen. Gotta be a doe, right? Please see below. "A.M. and P.M. were backwards (fixed that this morning). Just sick. Try again in two weeks. Dang it.
                        At least you know he is there good luck getting on him next time out !

Comment

!

Meet these guys Friday in the blind.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            At least you know he is there good luck getting on him next time out !
                            Yes sir. That's the good news. Better luck next time.

Comment

Those mosquitos were no joke in Jack County. We have a nice chunk of land there with multiple 2-4 year olds that are just not wide enough. Hopefully the rut will bring some shooters in. For now, pigs and the one Aoudad running around.

Comment

Originally posted by HeathJohnson View Post
                                Those mosquitos were no joke in Jack County. We have a nice chunk of land there with multiple 2-4 year olds that are just not wide enough. Hopefully the rut will bring some shooters in. For now, pigs and the one Aoudad running around.
                                What part of jack county?

Comment

Working...
                                X