Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dxjohnb View Post
    This will be my first year to deer hunt Aquilla. I cant wait to share some good stories with yall (hopefully)!
    Welcome , hopefully youll find yourself a good spot.
    Its hot out here today!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
      Welcome , hopefully youll find yourself a good spot.
      Its hot out here today!

It's hot out everywhere! And hotter tomorrow.

And welcome John.

Comment

Putting out corn and cameras tomorrow looks like we gonna need lots of water.

Comment

Yep this time of year you carry as much water with you as you can.

Comment

Anybody seeing any dove around whitney?

Comment

Hadn't been there in a while. I've done real good some years, other years brought the shotgun home and just wiped down the exterior (no bore cleaning necessary).

It should be good this year, lake is low, except for the rain a couple weeks ago it was dry. Always been best when dry. I'll be down this weekend, not sure if I'll be in the boat or just walk-in.

I have spoken with an acquaintance in the area, he said that he wasn't seeing many birds, but hasn't actually been on the lake.

Comment

Good luck to everyone this season. Been working so much I haven't even started the boat this year. hopefully I'll get some time to hunt.

Comment

I really enjoyed the gtg and seeing familiar and new faces. I rambled on until everyone left. And thank you very much Storm.

I wish everyone a rewarding season and as TG says, cherish those memories. Especially those with friends. They mean a lot when you get old and those friends are no longer around.

Please post your experiences on here. I really enjoy following along.

JC

Comment

It was an honor to have you there JC! Glad you could attend.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Mike you gonna chase dove this weekend at whitney?

Comment

Think I'll take it a little easy tomorrow, no boat, I'll walk in by Plowman and see if I can find some dove.
                        Last edited by Razorback01; 08-31-2018, 05:35 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Hey justindfw an Razorback01 in 3 hours out here all ive seen was 8 dove. Looks like it may be a slow opening day.

Comment

I'll take 8!

Comment

Need alot of people out there to move them around.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                                Mike you gonna chase dove this weekend at whitney?
                                I have other obligations this weekend. Maybe next weekend, maybe.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X