No announcement yet.

Health Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night we signed up for Medi-Share for $540/month to start on 7/1. This is a huge cost savings for my family as my current work premiums were scheduled to go up another ~$130/month starting on 7/1. That would have made my total monthly health insurance over $1,100/month. In a month we will apply for the up to 20% discount that comes with the Healthy Household Incentive - the most difficult part will be the Blood Pressure of less than/equal to 121/81. I've been right around 125/65 for a while.

I am so looking forward to going through my company's open enrollment tomorrow and declining coverage!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
      Last night we signed up for Medi-Share for $540/month to start on 7/1. This is a huge cost savings for my family as my current work premiums were scheduled to go up another ~$130/month starting on 7/1. That would have made my total monthly health insurance over $1,100/month. In a month we will apply for the up to 20% discount that comes with the Healthy Household Incentive - the most difficult part will be the Blood Pressure of less than/equal to 121/81. I've been right around 125/65 for a while.

I am so looking forward to going through my company's open enrollment tomorrow and declining coverage!!!
      What is medi share just regular health plan in with a group?

Comment

Last night we signed up for Medi-Share for $540/month to start on 7/1.
        What do you get for that $540 per month?

Comment

There is a 1.1 Mill ranch on here right now I would buy it if we were not paying 3K a month health insurance premium...

This is stupid...

This is pre tax. To pay 36K a year for insurance you have to make 36K. Tax on 36k is around 10K.

So health insurance is stupid high.......
          Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 06-06-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Just curious for you and those that have hopped over to these Christian based share plans. All of them have a tobacco restriction. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to kick the can. Do they send a nurse to your home which basically does a health evaluation and nicotine test similar to what happens when you sign up for health insurance?

I’m wanting to jump on these plans, but it sounds like if I can’t kick the can, I can’t join. I guess all the more reason to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              Of course I am. That’s why I asked what people do for a living to have insurance that high. Are they self employed, retired at an early age, or working for a company and the insurance provided is that high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Your employer is paying ~80% and should you change jobs you are likely to experience real world rates.

You should kiss your employers feet every day for that perk.

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by 10-96inTexas View Post
                That's why I'm still working. I turn 65 on saturday and I'll work until i can't drag myself to the job just because of insurance.
                My goal is to pilot an ROV when I am 70.

Comment

I currently work for a County government, which everything is paid for. Wife is a nurse and pays $100 a month for everything. I just couldn't comprehend medical insurance if I was paying as much as some guys.

Comment

Health insurance was intended to fail and collapse when Obama signed into law. The government wanted the public to feel desperate and come crawling to there doorstep for a fix. It’s a joke and hopefully trump can get this prob fixed like all the other problems he has fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      What is medi share just regular health plan in with a group?
                      This link is going to explain it much better than I can. https://mychristiancare.org/medi-share/

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        What do you get for that $540 per month?
                        Basically anything new that occurs like new sicknesses, injuries and such. Anything that is pre-existing in the last 36 months is generally not covered. There is a prescription plan that I don't have a lot of details on yet. The only maintenance prescription that we have in my household is my cholesterol meds and since this is a pre-existing condition I don't know if they will cover this yet or not. I'm not real worried about the cost on this as I am on a generic already and the Walgreen's plan was about the same cost as my old insurance prescription plan cost anyway.

This site is going to have much more information that I can provide and my wife spent quite a bit of time on the phone with them asking questions before we decided to make this jump.
                        Save Money on Medical Costs. Learn About Christian Health Sharing. Become a Medi-Share® Member.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                          Just curious for you and those that have hopped over to these Christian based share plans. All of them have a tobacco restriction. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to kick the can. Do they send a nurse to your home which basically does a health evaluation and nicotine test similar to what happens when you sign up for health insurance?

I’m wanting to jump on these plans, but it sounds like if I can’t kick the can, I can’t join. I guess all the more reason to quit.
                          There was an online survey/questionnaire that anyone over 18 years of age had to complete and a couple of the questions was about tobacco use. You are digitally signing the survey/questionnaire at the end. No nurse was sent to our home to validate the survey/questionnaire. However, we haven't applied for the Health Incentive discount yet. One of the requirements for the Health Incentive discount is a BP reading of less than or equal to 121/80. I don't know how they validate this.

Comment

There was an online survey/questionnaire that anyone over 18 years of age had to complete and a couple of the questions was about tobacco use. You are digitally signing the survey/questionnaire at the end. No nurse was sent to our home to validate the survey/questionnaire. However, we haven't applied for the Health Incentive discount yet. One of the requirements for the Health Incentive discount is a BP reading of less than or equal to 121/80. I don't know how they validate this.
                            My wife is on BP medication. Does that automatically disqualify her?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                              My wife is on BP medication. Does that automatically disqualify her?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              I do not believe so. In my case I take cholesterol meds and one of their questions online required me to provide additional information such as who my doctor is, when was my last visit and doctor administered test, and what my last metrics were for my cholesterol.
                              I imagine it would be similar for high blood pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                                Please tell us exactly what plan you have with HISD where you only pay $70 a month for your family?
                                Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                                And then show us a pay stub and prove that he’s only paying $70 a month for his entire family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X