Shoulder pain and asking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
    Had the MRI yesterday and both the rotator and bicep tendons are torn. Scheduling surgery ASAP.
    Glad you got it looked at. Best of luck with the surgery. Get a recliner if you don’t have one. If the surgery is anything like shoulder surgery the recliner will make it easier to sleep.

Comment

Had the MRI yesterday and both the rotator and bicep tendons are torn. Scheduling surgery ASAP.

Best of luck Doug. Hope you have a fast and full recovery.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don’t think a torn bicep tendon can heal itself bro. I was diagnosed with bicep/ rotor cuff tendinitis. I had to stop weight for almost two months. Then I can back train it with light weights and did it again. Now I’ve learned to recognize the early warning signs of the injury and back off. Again, I don’t think a torn tendon can heal itself. I’m surprised the doc didn’t recommend a treatment plan.

Comment

Ok just saw your scheduling surgery. Good deal.

Comment

Not sure where you are planning to go but don't play around in Beaumont - Go to Fondren Clinic in Houston and get it fixed fast & right the first time

Comment

Not a great situation but recoverable if you get a good surgeon, therapist and do your part.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Physical therapy post surgery will most beneficial. You get what you put into it!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I go to Dr. Carter in Lufkin on Thursday to schedule Surgery. They felt pretty confident the bicep tendon could be reattached but I don’t know for sure.

Comment

I had labrum surgery on both shoulders now. I tried Physical therapy before surgery and it didnt do me any good. I was young in highschool when i had it done on my left shoulder and i didnt rehab it correctly or long enough and its not 100%, its way better than it was but still not great. My right one i rehabbed fully and i dont have any issues out of it.

Comment

Well, I went to the Orthopedic Surgeon and the bicep tendon cannot be retrieved and reattached. Too invasive but with it detached I will only lose about 10-15% of the strength in my left arm. I am scheduled for surgery on August 15 so most of deer season with my bow is out. I should have rehab complete and back to shooting by early Dec. so that gives me the late season to look forward to. Thanks again for all of the comments and information.

Comment

Best of luck to you Doug with getting this all sorted out!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                          You need an MRI to diagnose a torn tendon, or rotator cuff injury. But if you fell on it it could be a torn labrum, which is very common with falls. 6-12 weeks depending on how severe but without MRI you will not know the exact issue.

This^^^I’ve had 2 torn rotator cuffs that X-rays didn’t show. It was only on the MRI that it showed up and surgery was required. Oh, and one had a torn bicep which was repaired also.
                          You probably need an MRI in order to be able to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I went to the Orthopedic Surgeon and the bicep tendon cannot be retrieved and reattached. Too invasive but with it detached I will only lose about 10-15% of the strength in my left arm. I am scheduled for surgery on August 15 so most of deer season with my bow is out. I should have rehab complete and back to shooting by early Dec. so that gives me the late season to look forward to. Thanks again for all of the comments and information.
                            I'd find another surgeon. Mine was completely detached. Lump in arm. Pretty dang uncomfortable. The surgery was invasive but worth it

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sir, have you been on Ciprofloxacin recently?

Comment

cuff tears and tendon ruptures occur commonly with out quinilones. if they are doing surgery probably good idea to get second opinion on bicep tendon. no question you are out for bow season just suck it up and do your rehab. write this one off not worth screwing it up again. hunt with a pistol to get your fix. good luck. sorry for your fix

Comment

Working...
                                X