X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I’m going to have a 300 Blackout for trade lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

308 and 300 BO are not even close in terms of terminal performance.

The recoil will be noticeably more in the .308 but not uncomfortable by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

my daughter killed her big axis buck at age 11 with my AR-10 (308). She only complains that it is loud due to the brake i have on it, never the recoil. 3 large axis bucks taken with it and a 300# boar...and easily 50+ smaller pigs.

my 300BO is pretty new to me, so haven't killed nearly as many critters with it, but based on the 1 smallish WT doe i shot with it...you don't really have a decision to make here. 308 is by far the more preferable of these 2 options for what you want!

Comment

I'm a fan of both and reload for both, I would definitely leave a task like an Axis to the 308

Comment

.308 vs 300 Blackout

My at the time 10 year old took 2 great bucks last fall shooting an 18” suppressed .308. He made great shots on both shooting 178 grain eld-x Hornady precision hunter ammo. He shoots a 16” .300 blackout as well and has killed a handful with it. He lost a nice hill country buck with the blackout that was later recovered. It’s honestly a no brainer when attempting to compare these two rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Chad C; 06-15-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Not even in same conversation….lol

Comment

I had my boys on a 308 pretty early. Using the managed recoil ammo tames it down a lot. 300 blackout is just marginal. Get a 308 and you can run anything from 125 grain light recoil to light magnum type rounds in 175 grain. Greta all purpose round.

Comment

This has never been a debate nor ever will…

Comment

The 300 BO is a niche round that exists because the military wanted a more potent round that fit in the m4/ar15 package. It serves that purpose well. 308 beats it handily for a hunting round. If recoil is an issue put a brake on it.

Comment

I guess I should’ve done more research! Thanks all for the replies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

300blk will work. Ballistic is very similar to 30-30. 120-150gr bullet is pretty potent inside 150 yards.

.308 is definitely hands down more powerful.

Comment

308 is one of the best North American rounds ever without getting into magnums

Comment

The 308 is a much better option…

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                              The 300 BO is a niche round that exists because the military wanted a more potent round that fit in the m4/ar15 package. It serves that purpose well. 308 beats it handily for a hunting round. If recoil is an issue put a brake on it.
                              This right here. ^^^^ Excellent suppressed round in AR package with 308 bullet weights. 100-220 grs
                              I have always went by the adage of using a round that delivers at least 1000lbs of energy at 100 yds for deer size game. Any caliber. Except if you are head/neck shot guy.
                              The .308 is 7.62x51.
                              The 300BO is 7.62x35.
                              Which cartridge do you think holds more powder?
                              While the same size bullet/caliber is being used. The amount of propellant is much more voluminous in the 308.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                                This! 300BO was designed for and is great for semi-close quarters combat round. 308win is a wonderful hunting round. The 308 will have significantly more recoil but still very manageable among other popular hunting rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X