No announcement yet.

Cover For Cattle Panel Blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We built a couple from concrete wire and wrapped with heavy tar paper. That stuff lasted a couple of years.

Comment

We used oil field plastic liner type stuff. Heavy duty. Then carpet over that. Our roof is a complete dome of pvc braces.
      Been out since 2015 in KS and still going strong!

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
        old bill board sign. Or old banners, we use several from church. Most of them are 1 and done.
        ^^^this^^^^

Comment

Nice! Thanks!!

Comment

I know a guy that made several from concrete wire and tar paper that held up well for quite a long time. He just made the whole shell and then cut the windows where he wanted them.

Comment

Any other suggestions or reviews on things you have used? I will likely be building 4 of these before the season. I'm leaning towards the fence mesh for the sides and drop cloth or plastic for the roof. But the filter fabric also sounds good for the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                There’s a place just west of Jacksboro that has huge piles of used turf stacked up outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                ^^ turf

Comment

I used an old patio umbrella and cut off the pole after it was fully extended. Zip tied the ribs to the panels. Worked pretty good

Comment

6.5 Mill black plastic tarp from home depot and then cover it with the green privacy screen like you see around a construction site. I have some going on 8 years with no issues.
                    You can spray paint or ziptie brush to it to help break up the outline.

Comment

I took an old king sized bed sheet and submerged it in latex exterior paint then draped it over and cut my holes. When it dries it creates a shell that will last for years - depending on the quality of paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

why not use tin?

Comment

Artificial Christmas trees

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                            ^^ turf
                            I'm trying to find some old/used turf. New is more expensive than I want to go with. I'm trying to do this on the cheap as it is my secondary place to hunt. The deer aren't too spooky so it doesn't have to be perfect or brushed in, etc.

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                            6.5 Mill black plastic tarp from home depot and then cover it with the green privacy screen like you see around a construction site. I have some going on 8 years with no issues.
                            You can spray paint or ziptie brush to it to help break up the outline.
                            This is what I'm leaning towards right now. It seems to be a good mix of longevity vs cost.

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                            why not use tin?
                            If I had some or fence pickets I would. But I think those will be more expensive than other options for this project.

Comment

Built one last year with the fence privacy/wind screen from a construction site. It has held up well, and allowed for a 360 degree view.

Comment

I got some turf when they re-did the HS football field.

But it is on CL.
                                https://waco.craigslist.org/search/g...ce=&max_price=

Comment

Working...
                                X