No announcement yet.

2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG!!!! [emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962] That was just incredible. [emoji964][emoji964][emoji964] I for one think it was a racing incident and the 10 second penalty was harsh.....but, just what it is. Hungary [emoji1126]in a fourth night is going to be a "cage match!" [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

what happened to Ver...I missed the very beginning.

Comment

They're lucky Verstappen isn't dead, you forget how much faster these cars are than other categories until someome wrecks someone else in a fast corner...

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          OMG!!!! [emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962] That was just incredible. [emoji964][emoji964][emoji964] I for one think it was a racing incident and the 10 second penalty was harsh.....but, just what it is. Hungary [emoji1126]in a fourth night is going to be a "cage match!" [emoji15]

I see Lewis running wide to force Max out or off the throttle, but I'm a Max / Red Bull fan so of course I see it that way

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            I see Lewis running wide to force Max out or off the throttle, but I'm a Max / Red Bull fan so of course I see it that way

I see the same thing (also a Max / Red Bull fan), but I’m glad the penalty wasn’t harsher. It was a racing incident.

McLaren had a great day, with Ricciardo right behind Norris. Leclerc’s pace was great, just not as quick as Hamilton.

Glad Verstappen is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
              Yeah, I watched it several times. I came to the conclusion that if it was intentional, those two had equal chances of crashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                Yeah, I watched it several times. I came to the conclusion that if it was intentional, those two had equal chances of crashing.
                I have been out of the mix but got to watch the race last night. My .02....Verstappen had the line on the apex of the turn which is "the race line" and if you are operating off-line then you are responsible for yielding. Jensen Button made this point just after the wreck.

I like fast and close but when you screw up and wreck another driver you need to wear the fault....and the "is Max OK" line seems purely CYA. It would have sat better with me if he would have mentioned Max, who at the time had been flown to the hospital, in the post race interview and just said "hope he's OK". Lewis is good, but this was a bad move. This is why the stewards ultimately gave the penalty to Lewis. This is also a very fast corner and not a good one to pull that move on due to the speed the drivers are doing. Lewis had several feet on the inside to move down but didn't because he wanted to force Max to let up. I think he knew he needed to be in P1 quickly of Max was going to walk him because he's not had the pace in the last several races.

In any event, had this gone the other way and Max put Lewis out, he and Toto would be bitching non-stop about it and that is just the way it goes. I guess where I come down is "this was racing", it was a stupid move, and Lewis took the penalty because the stewards agreed it was stupid. Lewis would just carry more favor with me if he seemed to actually care about anyone but Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                  I have been out of the mix but got to watch the race last night. My .02....Verstappen had the line on the apex of the turn which is "the race line" and if you are operating off-line then you are responsible for yielding. Jensen Button made this point just after the wreck.

I like fast and close but when you screw up and wreck another driver you need to wear the fault....and the "is Max OK" line seems purely CYA. It would have sat better with me if he would have mentioned Max, who at the time had been flown to the hospital, in the post race interview and just said "hope he's OK". Lewis is good, but this was a bad move. This is why the stewards ultimately gave the penalty to Lewis. This is also a very fast corner and not a good one to pull that move on due to the speed the drivers are doing. Lewis had several feet on the inside to move down but didn't because he wanted to force Max to let up. I think he knew he needed to be in P1 quickly of Max was going to walk him because he's not had the pace in the last several races.

In any event, had this gone the other way and Max put Lewis out, he and Toto would be bitching non-stop about it and that is just the way it goes. I guess where I come down is "this was racing", it was a stupid move, and Lewis took the penalty because the stewards agreed it was stupid. Lewis would just carry more favor with me if he seemed to actually care about anyone but Lewis.
                  I am just getting into the F1 scene over the last couple years, and I agree with the above.

Comment

I agree. Very well put Wall_Hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                      I see the same thing (also a Max / Red Bull fan), but I’m glad the penalty wasn’t harsher. It was a racing incident.

McLaren had a great day, with Ricciardo right behind Norris. Leclerc’s pace was great, just not as quick as Hamilton.

Glad Verstappen is ok.
                      Yes. I agree. I want to see Max beat Lewis this year, but there was nothing malicious in this incident. It was racing. He went a little wide and Max didn't give....in fact max turned into Lewis. The move Max made on the previous left hander was more dangerous by him throwing his car through the inside.

It was all racing.

But yeh....its much more harsh when speeds are 170+ and you run into a bunch of tires. Seriously...with how much money that is spent on F1 you would think that they would have better barriers than a bunch of old tires painted and a posterboard screwed to the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
                        Yes. I agree. I want to see Max beat Lewis this year, but there was nothing malicious in this incident. It was racing. He went a little wide and Max didn't give....in fact max turned into Lewis. The move Max made on the previous left hander was more dangerous by him throwing his car through the inside.

It was all racing.

But yeh....its much more harsh when speeds are 170+ and you run into a bunch of tires. Seriously...with how much money that is spent on F1 you would think that they would have better barriers than a bunch of old tires painted and a posterboard screwed to the front.
                        Racing yes, but not close to the same level of danger. The corner Max late braked and took the inside on was running around 1/2 the speed (160-170 kph) vs turn 9 (300+ kph) which for the best drivers a "lift and go" corner...meaning they will downshift, lift throttle some and then right back into the gas. Its an extremely fast corner when you have the line which Lewis did not have and he forced himself up into the line to not have to lift more. Lewis had 1/2 a car width on the inside, Max was in the right line and Lewis pushed. Its racing but it was Lewis taking the risk in that one. He should have lifted. When you watch Max's camera you can actually see him turning into the corner, let up and steer out, and then come back in....in my mind he gave room that he really didn't need to in order to avoid Lewis and give Lewis time to adjust to avoid the collision.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          It better be!!! [emoji2962] They took my $5,300 two months ago.

Ha! well then it dang well better be!

I am going to have to get on tickets for this now! I am going to the Dutch Grand Prix this year but Miami sounds fantastic.

Comment

I have been inundated it seems with post about how racist the comments have been toward Hamilton on social media after the incident with Verstappen and how there is no room for this in the sport. I agree with the latter but I have yet to see anything racist on facebook or instagram. I have seen a lot of people who are fed up with his BS or felt like he deserved more than 10s, but I have seen not a single racist comment towards him. Am I missing something? Curious if the green screen has seen otherwise?

Comment

I personally haven’t seen them either, but from what I understand they are getting deleted pretty quick.

It was a racing accident. Hamilton was penalized. End of story.

If people are getting this upset over this incident, they would be losing their mind over the Senna / Prost battles from years ago.

I thought the first half lap of Silverstone was some of the best racing I’ve seen in a long time. I hope they both keep it up.

Had anyone heard if Verstappen will start in Hungary in two weeks? Is he out of the hospital yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post

It was all racing.

I bet they have a safer barrier there next year or at least a tecpro one, I know they have safer at a high speed corner at Baku and the new track in Zandvoort

Comment

Working...
                                X