No announcement yet.

Rubber boots better than Lacrosse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightweight Muck Boots are the way to go. I have the Muck Snake Boot and they're light and comfortable, plus waterproof.

Comment

I absolutely love my Muck boots. I went with the mud sole vs the heel and it's been great.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Thanks yall, we seem to be forming a consensus...

That's the way these were, from day 1 the left boot always seemed to be kinda damp. I kept thinking maybe I splashed a little water over the top or something. It doesn't help that my feet sweat like crazy so there's always some dampness but the left was always more wet than the right.
        LOL you sound exactly like me!

But it only happened with one boot, and it was not sweat

Comment

I wanted to buy some lacrosse alphaburly but they just didn’t fit for crap.

Comment

I get about 18-24 months out of my Lacrosse arrowhead snake proof boots... one of the longest lived brands I’ve tried. I easily put a couple hundred miles a year on a pair of boots, and my only complaint is the soles end up getting water between a couple layers after 100 or so miles of walking and makes a little noise with each step. It enough to ruin a stalk, but enough to annoy me.

I even have a pair with waterproof/snake proof chaps sewn on.

I have to give them praise because they have taken 2 snake bites for me in the last 5 years without failing, both moccasins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              LaGrange....you gotta break away from those yuppie models
              Old school are the best.

Comment

I usually get 2 or 3 years out of a Lacrosse before I get a leak.
                Might have to give Muck boots a try. Where can you find them where I can try a pair on?

Comment

i’m so disappointed with the lacrosse boots
                  they have obviously farmed them out to china in the last couple of years my old pairs lasted at least 10 years of heavy use and were my most comfortable boots i had now they are complete junk they crack and leak with a few months and the heals are noticeably smaller and wear out very fast
                  i wrote them an email and told them how disappointed i was and they sent back a reply that was pretty much oh well ����*♂️

Comment

I have had good luck 2 years plus out of the Cabelas brand uninsulated rubber boots

Comment

For all the Muck fans, which models are you running? I like a couple of them but there's like 20 different types of Muck boots.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        I usually get 2 or 3 years out of a Lacrosse before I get a leak.
                        Might have to give Muck boots a try. Where can you find them where I can try a pair on?
                        You can try Cabela’s, Bass Pro, or Tractor Supply.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          For all the Muck fans, which models are you running? I like a couple of them but there's like 20 different types of Muck boots.
                          I have the Fieldblazers. They’ve been great in spring weather. They are fleece lined so might be too warm for summer. Not sure if they’re going to be just right in the winter with a couple of pairs of wool socks. I put Dr. Scholls insoles in them and they feel pretty darn good.

Comment

Dryshods !
                            Most comfortable I’ve ever had too
                            Last edited by sasqy; 04-05-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I’ve never had a set of Lacrosse make it to the 2 year mark.

I do have a pair of Muck that have out lived 4 pair of Lacrosse, but they are pretty warm in the summer and are really tight on my fat calves.

I had to get away from the Lacrosse like the OP did after getting kicked in the nards enough. I bought a pair of Irish Setters this year and like them so far, but it hasn’t been a year yet.

Comment

I usually blow out the LaCrosse every third year or so. I had a buddy give me a pair of Under Armor. They seem sturdy so far

Comment

Working...
                                X