No announcement yet.

First trip with the three stooges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't blink and cherish those times. Mine is 20, almost 21 now, and we can't ever seem to get schedules jived to go do anything together anymore.

Comment

Awesome. I miss those days when my hunting success became secondary to just being out there with my young kids. Enjoy it to the fullest.

Comment

Looks like a great time!

Enjoy it while you can. They grow up fast!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by no1hogkiller View Post
          As long as when you get back home and the oldest run up to mama swallowing air gulps on the way then eagerly says, "Mom, look what dad taught us." Then from the inner depths he expells a voluminous.......BelCH!

I took mine to the lease for 4-5 days when he was 3! Rode the ranger, fed animals, had campfires, smores, all kinds of fun stuff! He found a ATV mud riding video in the camp and watched that while I was cooking hot dogs one evening and saw about 1.5 seconds of 2 girls wrasslin in the mud and the first words out his mouth when we got home was "Momma! We watched girls mud wrassle!" She looked at me like WTH have you been doing!

Now he's 12 and he still never misses an opportunity to toss dad under the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            I took mine to the lease for 4-5 days when he was 3! Rode the ranger, fed animals, had campfires, smores, all kinds of fun stuff! He found a ATV mud riding video in the camp and watched that while I was cooking hot dogs one evening and saw about 1.5 seconds of 2 girls wrasslin in the mud and the first words out his mouth when we got home was "Momma! We watched girls mud wrassle!" She looked at me like WTH have you been doing!

Come on dad, time to fess up to the REAL truth now....lol, that's too funny!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to take my youngest grands, twins of age 4 (almost). But their dad wants to be the first to take them. But he's in the same boat I was in when my kids were their age, Too much job demand.
              Last edited by locolobo; 08-02-2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                I taught them the difference between “Home Rules” and the “Deer Camp Rules” and the DRC’s stay at deer camp! Unless mom is there, then it’s “Home Rules” all the time…
                It was always fun when Dad was in charge. Ice cream for dinner, drinking cokes all day long, and nobody cared whether you were wearing clean underwear or not!

Comment

Good for you. I miss those days with my three boys. My biggest thrill this year is that one lives in Utah, one in Oklahoma and one in Houston. They are buying out of state licenses to come hunt hill country deer. You will never regret the time you spend outdoors with your boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

Ha. we had no tv reception at the lease when my boys were young so watched VHS or DVD. I called it history lessons, watched Tombstone, We Soldiers with Mel Gibson, etc. Biggest thrill came when one boy got home and said Dad, I googled those names and those were real people!!

Comment

Good job Dad ! I bet that little one bears watching !

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          Good job Dad ! I bet that little one bears watching !

Yes sir that’s my little man. The older boys are from my wife’s previous marriage, but they call me dad. Love them all the same! Hunter’s going to have a rough go of it but he reminds me of myself when I was young. He’ll be a handful that’s for sure! Here’s a link to Hunter’s story

Comment

That’s great. It only gets better.

If that’s your red truck, that is a clean ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                              That’s great. It only gets better.

If that’s your red truck, that is a clean ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate that! It is my/shop truck just turned 160K on this trip and 6.4 hemi is just broke in. I’m ready for more memories with these hooligans with deer on top of the flatbed.

Comment

That's a great looking crew. Oh yes. I remember building box stands with my two when they were home. Can't recall how many times i got whacked with a 2X4. Don't blink.
                                Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                                Good stuff! Mine are all grown now. I miss those times! Good for you, enjoy every second of it!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X