Which supplemental feed do you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is another customer low fence

I ask him how long have you been on that ranch he said !8 years Click image for larger version

Name:	727310F3-5B19-4D51-B30D-7B87DFF0F511.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	24657396

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
      Yep Record Rack.
      Those are nice. But those aren’t grown low fence with out genetics
      Nothing against record rack or high fences or breeding pens. I fed 12 tons a month of record rack

Deer feed can only grow a deer to its fullest potential. It can’t make them more than the genetics of the area or pedigree.

All you can ask is for the feed to have everything it takes to grow a deer to the best he can be. There is no magic ingredient that you can put in to make it even bigger than their potential. No matter what they advertise.

That being said cottonseed does not have the minerals needed to grow a deer all the way to potential. It’s good lots of fat and protein but they can only use about 18% protein and cottonseed is more than that like 27 or so. So they need the other minerals and vitamins that you find in some pellets.

Comment

Where can you buy bee county coop feed?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          Where can you buy bee county coop feed?
          It’s made in Tynan Texas close to Mathis they sell it and Southerlands in Corpus Christi. Bohuslav ag in Halletsville.

Comment

Gonzales farm and ranch in San Diego

Comment

LnE

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                What have you been feeding on your Maverick county lease?
                Double Down Protein and Fortified Cottonseed.

Double Down is the only protein pellet feed I can find in the feed stores in Eagle Pass. Tractor Supply has Purina Antlermax but it's **** near $20/bag.

Tractor Supply is the only place I can find any kind of cottonseed in Eagle Pass and all they carry is the Fortified.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                  This is from a customer (a text to me)
                  Bee county co-op 20%

[ATTACH]1056829[/ATTACH]

I wouldn't mind giving Bee County Co-Op feed a try. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Only issue is its about 3.5 hours out of the way. If it were more obtainable I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

Comment

This is low fence Bracketville area been using BeeCounty Co-op for 2 1/2 years
                    Biggest buck taken off that ranch.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	C53FB84A-EB05-444E-B84C-63B2ECC00C72.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	24657405

Comment

L&E is what we have been using for 17 years. Been happy with them

Comment

I’m with you JW Hunt. Genetics are the key first. Nutrition will get them to their potential.
                        Cottonseed only has one trace mineral and if it is all someone can feed then it will help.
                        However, guys still think they need to feed protein along with seed for their deer and will buy the cheapest protein they can. Well, you get what you pay for because protein feeds are not the same ingredient wise and many ingredients change or are left out to stay at price points.
                        The right protein does not need to be supplemented.

My suggestion is to do your homework and see what you are feeding. Also check your deer for long hooves.

PM me and I will give you my .02 if you want it.

Comment

We did a comparison between West Feeds and Double Down on a pasture that had never been fed deer protein before. Pretty interesting results.

Comment

Our deer tear up Antler Max, but it's pricey. What are the prices on the Bee County Co-Op stuff?

Comment

Started with DD, but it's near $18 a bag where we buy it.

Switched to L&E

Comment

feed

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                                This is low fence Bracketville area been using BeeCounty Co-op for 2 1/2 years
                                Biggest buck taken off that ranch.
                                [ATTACH]1056860[/ATTACH]
                                What is the TDN value on the Bee county feed? You have an analysis sheet on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X