Direct Tv Loyalty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
    probably not a lot different than "ATT Hotspot"(that is the third party company that I have ATT thru) It's ATT that will cancel, not ATT Hotspot and they do offer other carriers.
    Ok I gotcha.

All I know is we used the unlimitedtogo exclusively for over year while doing our build. I have a family of 6 so we had 4 kids watching netflix movies nonstop on their ipads, 2 Playstations hooked up and a xbox in that travel trailer. My wife and I also both had laptops hooked to it also so I could do some work and she did stuff for the house build. We never got a notice or experienced a throttle.

One more thing is this account was totally separate and not tied in any way to our AT&T account.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
      Ok I gotcha.

All I know is we used the unlimitedtogo exclusively for over year while doing our build. I have a family of 6 so we had 4 kids watching netflix movies nonstop on their ipads, 2 Playstations hooked up and a xbox in that travel trailer. My wife and I also both had laptops hooked to it also so I could do some work and she did stuff for the house build. We never got a notice or experienced a throttle.

One more thing is this account was totally separate and not tied in any way to our AT&T account.

How can that work so well and my cell phone and iPad both with att “unlimited” data plans look like they’re drawing in the videos with an etch a sketch?

Are there dead or bad signal areas like with regular att coverage?

I put in a 60’ telephone pole so Gvec.net could mount a line of site antenna on top. It’s definitely faster than att cell and uverse but it still struggles.

Your scenario sounds ideal. Especially if I could take it with me.

Comment

I called them a few months back and said I was looking at streaming is there any discounts? They reduced my bill by $60 for a year, this is the second time they've done it after calling.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
          How can that work so well and my cell phone and iPad both with att “unlimited” data plans look like they’re drawing in the videos with an etch a sketch?

I put in a 60’ telephone pole so Gvec.net could mount a line of site antenna on top. It’s definitely faster than att cell and uverse but it still struggles.

I can only answer one question: yes there are dead or bad spots and it changes with time.

Sometimes I get 18 mbps and sometimes I get less that 5 with my ATT hotspot and I've got an external antenna for that. My cell phone hardly works in my house.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post

Definitely depends on where you take it. Unlimitedtogo had 3 carriers at the time we got it. AT&T, Verizon, and I think T-mobile. You had to pick one at the beginning and get the hotspot device they sold to go along with it.

Very rarely did we get to a spot that didn't have great service but we weren't exactly "off the grid" pulling a 31 foot travel trailer around. The most remote spot we took it was up to Walden Colorado.

Comment

Been kicking around the idea of YTTV for a while now. Did a quick search for monthly cost and first site said that Youtube TV is included for FREE for Prime members! Is this true? If so, I've had access all along.

EDIT: I dont think this is true...

"Yes, Youtube T.V. is free with Amazon prime and also can store videos in the library with new movies, classic favorites, last night’s T.V. shows, and more available to stream instantly. More than 150,000 movies and T.V. episodes, with no extra cost, comprised thousands for Amazon Prime members."

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 07-08-2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I have to have the cowboy channel n my wife wants Hallmark, are those available on YTTV? what about the hunting channels?

Comment

Definitely depends on where you take it. Unlimitedtogo had 3 carriers at the time we got it. AT&T, Verizon, and I think T-mobile. You had to pick one at the beginning and get the hotspot device they sold to go along with it.

Very rarely did we get to a spot that didn't have great service but we weren't exactly "off the grid" pulling a 31 foot travel trailer around. The most remote spot we took it was up to Walden Colorado.

I doubt I would ever been "off the grid". maybe some large properties down south or out west. but if i am staying over night, there is going to be AC, hot water and comfortable bed. my body has decided it no longer does "roughing it". it would just be nice to have to take to POC or Rockport or on a drive somewhere. as much as i want to disconnect from the world; there's too much business to be done if i have that kind of access.

when i looked it up there were three plans, they vary by which carrier you choose. and range from $99-$179. do you happen to know which carrier yall went with? what area were yall in?

you have me very interested in trying this. it says they are all month to month, no contracts. and just have to buy the correct router hotspot.

did you run your phone through it too, so did it help with that signal?

i owe you a few beers or at least unlimitedtogo does, you are the best customer service / sales rep they got working for them!

Comment

Take it just North of Hwy 31 between Powell and Kerens Tx. It's almost off the grid.

Comment

My Direct TV bill slowly crept up to $96/month, and we very rarely watch TV. I called to cancel, and the lady offered to drop my bill back to $50/month (which is what it was 4 years ago when we left Suddenlink and got D TV). I’m not under any kind of contract and still will probably cancel it, but I figured I’d give it a month or two.

I have Viasat internet which isn’t great, so I’m not sure I can use the streaming options y’all have mentioned.

Comment

W E H,

Glad to have the opportunity to be a blessing.

We chose the AT&T plan. I looked up an old email invoice and at that time it was called their blue plan. $99 per month and I paid $199 for the hotspot device.

I chose AT&T because I have had my phones through them for the past 16 years and have been pretty happy with their coverage. I never connected my cell phone up to it because I have the grandfathered unlimited and they don't throttle me.

As far as the areas go, I brought my wife and kids up to Walden, CO to be close to me while I was working up there. When heading back to Texas we took the scenic route through New Mexico and stayed at several rv parks. Also stayed at the KOA near lake Livingston for a month and used the hotspot the whole time.

I understand what the OP is talking about though. I work in West Texas now and there are areas my phone doesn't work at all. I imagine in those places Verizon would be better or so I have heard from coworkers who have Verizon. Lol

Comment

Another vote for YouTube TV. I like to turn it on right before college football season and then cancel after the season. My wife and I do not watch much TV so no sense in paying for cable all year. I may turn it on for a month here or there for things like the olympics, elections, etc. but never pay for the service more than 6 months a year.

I really like no contracts and the ability to turn it on or off whenever I please. Picture quality has been great and buffering issues have been extremely rare.

Comment

All this money going to youtube is going right into Google's coffers...I know it's convenient but I just can't stomach it.

Comment

We have dish. I called to cancel and they lady asked why and I said all we watch is local and I’m getting an antenna. So they gave us local plus a bunch extra plus dvr for $25 a month so we stayed

Comment

Dropped Direct TV as well several years ago.

Have Sling, get all the local channels along with all the channels I had with Direct.
                                Also, have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Much better luck with Sling since we upgraded our television.

Comment

Working...
                                X