No announcement yet.

Direct Tv Loyalty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't do youtube, netflix, hulu or whatever internet. My only access is Hughes Net. I do have AT&T thru AT&T Hotspot, but they have been cancel high volume users.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
      YouTube TV bases your subscription on your zip code. That way all the local subscriptions available in that zip code for your NBC ABC CBS etc are still available for live TV. The bonus there is that when you travel you can still stream the live TV online with your YouTube TV subscription and still catch your local shows live.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
      Thanks for the info

Comment

how much is YouTube per month?

Comment

I gave them loyalty about 3 months ago when I cut there cord and went streaming. Haven't missed it a bit!!

Comment

Youtube TV here.

Comment

What options are there if I can’t get internet? Only internet I can get is satellite and it’s more expensive than dt.

Comment

Same as others.
                Ditched Dtv a couple months ago.
                Bill was approaching $160.. without premium channels.
                Had a difficult time cancelling.. we have been out of our contract for yrs.. having switched from Dish. They said we couldnt cancel until our billing cycle ended.. smh
                Talked to someone else.. Dtv cancelled.

Asked them to send a box.. instructions for what they wanted back.
                House phone rings, its Dtv.. wants to offer us a 40% discount.
                Im done, send the boxes.
                Day 3, phone rings, girl.. with Dtv.. wants to know if we would work with them.. give them a chance.. me. Mail the boxes!
                Now have Youtube tv, hulu, roku smart tvs, oan, numerous aps, get our locals.. no complaints, can watch untold numbers of movies.. ie "The Professionals" etc..

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                  I can't do youtube, netflix, hulu or whatever internet. My only access is Hughes Net. I do have AT&T thru AT&T Hotspot, but they have been cancel high volume users.
                  Check around. Back when we were building our house in 2018 and living out of a travel trailer my wife found a wifi broker called unlimitedtogo. They re-sell hotspots branded for At&t and Verizon networks. It was unlimited high speed wifi for $100 per month. No throttling at all. She bought us a nighthawk router through them and away we went.

Also cut the cord on direct tv and couldn't be happier with Youtube TV. As others have said once you switch you won't go back. I still can't believe we used to give them $180+ a month and think that was a "good deal".

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut the cord 4 years ago, haven’t missed it or anything I’ve ever wanted to watch.

Comment

Dropped them like a bad habit a couple of years ago. I did like the service but after the contract period was up they were just to dang expensive. And was unwilling to discount the price.

If it were just me in the house, I'd cut the cord.

Comment

Here is the key for ATT hotspot. Get the phone one vs just internet. This is what I use at ranch so I don't have to deal with being throttled or canceled. We spent last summer there and we would be doing video conferencing with my wifes job, mine and kids streaming TV.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                          Check around. Back when we were building our house in 2018 and living out of a travel trailer my wife found a wifi broker called unlimitedtogo. They re-sell hotspots branded for At&t and Verizon networks. It was unlimited high speed wifi for $100 per month. No throttling at all. She bought us a nighthawk router through them and away we went.

Also cut the cord on direct tv and couldn't be happier with Youtube TV. As others have said once you switch you won't go back. I still can't believe we used to give them $180+ a month and think that was a "good deal".

I have a "mobile hotspot' already with theoretical unlimited. Thru ATT, but as stated before they are cancelling high bandwidth users. Watching movies on internet is high bandwidth!
                          If I do that and they cancel, I'm left with Hughes net and that would really blow.

Comment

I have a "mobile hotspot' already with theoretical unlimited. Thru ATT, but as stated before they are cancelling high bandwidth users. Watching movies on internet is high bandwidth!

If I do that and they cancel, I'm left with Hughes net and that would really blow.
                            I also have AT&T.... still do. You are correct AT&T will throttle you and cancel you.

Like I said we went through Unlimitedtogo. Google them.

Comment

We do Hulu Live but haven’t compared to YT TV. I’m curious now and will check it out. To heck with DirectTV. Will never go back to that.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                                I also have AT&T.... still do. You are correct AT&T will throttle you and cancel you.

Like I said we went through Unlimitedtogo. Google them.

probably not a lot different than "ATT Hotspot"(that is the third party company that I have ATT thru) It's ATT that will cancel, not ATT Hotspot and they do offer other carriers.

Comment

Working...
                                X