Rockwall, Tejas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
    Hahaha......I would avoid Rockwall. I hate that town. Poor design. Everything's on the highway and traffic is terrible. I live in Greenville and would rather drive a longer distance to McKinney than go to Rockwall if I need to go shopping or different restaurants. As others have mentioned, the surrounding towns are better for living IMO.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

We now live south of Greenville off 34 near Cash, out in the county, and LOVE IT. Can’t imagine going back to live in Rockwall.

Comment

Thank you for all the info. Spoke to a few of you via PM and this (to me seems worse time to buy) but I HATE renting. I am trying to stay under $450K if purchasing as this will either become another rental property or sold when I leave in 8-10yrs. I already bought my retirement home and use it as an AirBnB at the moment, and vacation spot.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
        We now live south of Greenville off 34 near Cash, out in the county, and LOVE IT. Can’t imagine going back to live in Rockwall.
        Small world. We are just down the road on 2101 1/8 mile north of 1564. Howdy neighbor!

I hear ya. We moved from Keller here to be closer to family. God willing I'll never go back to the burbs again.

Comment

Lived in Rockwall 10 years and moved in 2019. I loved the area and the people, definitely the closest city around Dallas to the small town feel. I spent most free time fishing or cruising the water.
          Few neighborhoods off dalrock rd that are nice and give you a nice drive over the lake every time you leave the house. Dalrock is the border between Dallas and Rockwall counties. Nice neighborhood around 66 on east side of lake and few big communities. Big developments just east of rockwall on hwy 66 in fate. Still a fair amount of cattle land over there which is nice to see when driving around. Several developments off hwy 205 south of town, again lots of open land still.

I was not as big of a fan of rowlett, garland, or mesquite. Wylie/Sachse is good but it takes quite a bit if time to get to major highways depending on how far in you are.

I moved way out to the country to get away from it all, but if i had to go back to city life it would be rockwall and as close to water as possible.

Shoot me a pm if you have specific questions.

Comment

I work for a builder in Royse City, our homes are pretty nice and in your price range. We are less than a mile behind Bucees and have wider lots than most in the area. 60' wide lots with a 40' product. Check out Unionmain homes.

Comment

Small world. We are just down the road on 2101 1/8 mile north of 1564. Howdy neighbor!

I hear ya. We moved from Keller here to be closer to family. God willing I'll never go back to the burbs again.

Fellow FM 2101 resident my-self, probably less than a mile north of you, howdy to you neighbor!!!!!!!

Comment

Everything in this area is expensive right now, it's ridiculous. If I was looking right now it would be around Union Valley, draw a triangle from Royse City, to Cash, and to Union Valley. Good hunting through there too if you can find enough space. The south side of 30 is prettier than the north.

Comment

Make sure you look at the tax rates in all the mentioned cities, they are all not equal but they are all high and always wanting more. All housing no matter where you look right now is completely insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Rank150 View Post
                    Fellow FM 2101 resident my-self, probably less than a mile north of you, howdy to you neighbor!!!!!!!

I am probably 3 miles NW from both you guys off 3318.

Comment

Originally posted by Rank150 View Post
                      I'll be dang! Never knew I had so many TBHers around me. Where abouts on 2101?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                          Still has the small town country feel

Comment

I'll be dang! Never knew I had so many TBHers around me. Where abouts on 2101?

1/4 North of Cedar creek (bridge) on west side of road, stone house w/ a beige shop beside it.

Comment

I’m about to list a house in royse city off the golf course if your interested or I can help ya find one!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                                I work for a builder in Royse City, our homes are pretty nice and in your price range. We are less than a mile behind Bucees and have wider lots than most in the area. 60' wide lots with a 40' product. Check out Unionmain homes.
                                Your not doing the stone river sub division are ya?

Comment

Working...
                                X