Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Normal forgetfulness vs something else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
    Considering the amount of acid I ate in my youth I’m surprised my mind still works as well as it does.

[emoji1662]
    Ditto, 80's were a blast, but seem to be paying for it now...

Comment

[ATTACH]1054393[/ATTACH]

Comment

Reading this makes me wonder which one of y’all that the Democrats will pick for next President. Sorry for the joke old fellows. Hope y’all get it under control.

Comment

As long as your not putting your car keys in the refrigerator your doing well. I too have struggled at times, searching for words etc. I attribute some of this to age and some to a grand mal seizure that I had in 2017. It broke my back and it took me the better part of a year to get any type of edge back. During that time I experienced difficulty focusing with projects involving carpentry, measuring etc. things I’d been doing most of my adult life. But here of late I’ve actually felt like my memory is o k now.
          Man I suggest you got to a neurologist and get some test started. Early intervention can slow the onset of some disease processes.

Comment

What was this thread about?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              Temporarily not being able to recall a familiar name when you get older is common. It’s frustrating and a little scary but no big deal. It happens to me occasionally and the harder I try to remember, the further away that name gets. If I quit thinking about it, it later pops into my head at random. In my experience with older family members the time to get worried is when someone starts repeating the same question over and over - evidence that the brain is not holding short term memories. That and getting lost driving a long-familiar route
              My wife repeats questions. Sometimes 4-5 times in a matter of 15 minutes. I'm going to say something to our doctor on my next visit. I'm starting to worry about her.

Comment

always wondered about the Lyme disease thing, got several ticks on me when younger, every summer.
                I know my memory changed in my 30s, now my short-term is where I struggle to remember anything unless I write it down, then forget what I wrote down means. But I remember a lot of non-sense stuff that I learned a LONG time ago....?

Comment

I’m right there with you. My short term is shot. My wife complains that I don’t listen to her but it’s just that I don’t remember what she said.

Comment

Watch out for them potholes!

Comment

It seems hearing is connected to my memory. Both are going away................

Comment

I cant remember where I laid down my phone and reading glasses, it repeats all day.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          Makes one wonder
                          I wouldn't worry too much. When you are older than the dirt you are walking around on, it's to be expected.[emoji16]

Seriously, I have noticed myself forgetting names and other stuff at times. I had four major, memory loss concussions in my teens and sometimes wonder if that will catch up, or is already catching up, to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I blame it on being to smart. My brain has reached max capacity so in order for me to remember something new I must forget something to free up space. If what I forgot happens to be what you told me then I'm sorry its just luck of the draw.

Comment

My grandma's alzheimer's/dementia was horrible. I now notice my mom repeating questions about things we've discussed at length. Recently, dad started them both on some nootropic.(Not sure which one) He says the increased mental clarity was very noticeable after a few weeks. Maybe something worth looking into for some of you guys that are interested...

Originally posted by doright View Post
                              I blame it on being to smart.
                              Me too

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                                My grandma's alzheimer's/dementia was horrible. I now notice my mom repeating questions about things we've discussed at length. Recently, dad started them both on some nootropic.(Not sure which one) He says the increased mental clarity was very noticeable after a few weeks. Maybe something worth looking into for some of you guys that are interested...

Me too

Can you elaborate on it and availability?

Comment

Working...
                                X