Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Normal forgetfulness vs something else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal forgetfulness vs something else...

Makes one wonder

Oh I forget everything. My wife loves it. She just makes crap up and says... don't you remembered we talked about this. I cant tell ya if its true or not so I just have to go along with it.

Comment

I have very selective memory. I can remember the score of every buck that has been killed on our property, but not the unimportant stuff.

But I do worry about the rate I am losing my short term.
      It has gotten much better since I retired and my hard drive is not so full of work related items.

BP

Comment

I blame it on that football brain Injury thing they talk about.

Comment

Temporarily not being able to recall a familiar name when you get older is common. It’s frustrating and a little scary but no big deal. It happens to me occasionally and the harder I try to remember, the further away that name gets. If I quit thinking about it, it later pops into my head at random. In my experience with older family members the time to get worried is when someone starts repeating the same question over and over - evidence that the brain is not holding short term memories. That and getting lost driving a long-familiar route
          Last edited by jerp; 07-01-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Temporarily not being able to recall a familiar name when you get older is common. It’s frustrating and a little scary but no big deal. It happens to me occasionally and the harder I try to remember, the further away that name gets. If I quit thinking about it, it later pops into my head at random. In my experience with older family members the time to get worried is when someone starts repeating the same question over and over - evidence that the brain is not holding short term memories. That and getting lost driving a long-familiar route
            I remember how to get home for now at least. lol
            I'll see the brain doc in a few weeks and maybe it's meds.

Comment

I started having troubles about 30 I use to remember everything.Then a major change almost like Alzheimer’s turned out to be Lyme disease

Comment

Major troubles with this now. Simple things...like the date, the year, names, common words. Just cant seem to spit it out on cue.

Comment

My financial guy is polite enough to say I have cognitive slippage.

Comment

I do good to remember basic things now. I actually spend the last 30min of work each day filling out a to-do list for the next morning and check it off as the day goes. It’s hell getting old )-:

Comment

Considering the amount of acid I ate in my youth I’m surprised my mind still works as well as it does.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                        I do good to remember basic things now. I actually spend the last 30min of work each day filling out a to-do list for the next morning and check it off as the day goes. It’s hell getting old )-:
                        That’s just good work habits. If you got a lot going on you can’t remember it all. Doesn’t mean your losing it.

Comment

I remember nonsense from 60 years ago, but not what my wife said yesterday

Comment

I do t speak as well as I did when I was younger. I speed up and slow down as I hunt for the words.

Having had three family members develop Alzheimer’s and dementia I'm not worried about having to pause for words. Like it’s been said. The repeated stories, surprised at the same old things. That’s when it’s going down hill.

Comment

By the time I got to the last post, I forgot what we were talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X