No announcement yet.

Well that just happened.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats amazing! Go buy a lotto ticket, you're on a roll!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! What a deal. Congrats on the drawing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man that’s great!! Can’t imagine being that lucky!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy s$&@!!!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Insane! Fired up for you. Have to do a
            Live hunt and a thread for the lead up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This can’t be right. I was sure the one ticket I bought was a winner.

Big time congrats brother!

Comment

Not much to the back story for now. For years I’ve bought a handful of tickets for the sheep and goat raffles for RMBS. Obviously haven’t ever won anything. A month or two ago I tried to log in to make my annual donation and a firewall at work wouldn’t let me go to the site. So I pulled it up on my phone and ended up getting distracted and didn’t complete the purchase. Luckily I left that screen open. Fast forward to this past Wednesday evening. I was looking for something on my phone and ran across that open tab. Looked at it and realized that it was the last day to buy raffle tickets online. So I bought six tickets for the sheep raffle and two for the goat raffle just before the cutoff.

Last night my wife are at the house watching a movie. I’m not that into the chick flick she has on so I’m surfing on my phone. Right at 10:00 my phone lights up with a call from a number I don’t know in Colorado. I froze. Only words out of my mouth before I could open it were “NO FREAKING WAY.” I answered.

The guy asked if I was me. Yes. Asked if I knew what the RMBS was doing tonight in Colorado. Yes, and I’m pretty sure that I’m glad that I’m getting a call from you. Lots of laughter and cheers in the background. Asked if I bought a raffle ticket for the statewide antelope tag. No sir. Well good, you didn’t win that. Did you buy any tickets for the mountain goat tag? Yes sir I did. Well you didn’t win that either.

At that point I’m about to have a flipping heart attack because that means that I won the sheep tag. Sure enough, he tells me just that. I talk to them for a few more minutes and hang up.

My wife is sitting there staring at me only hearing one end of the conversation. She’s thoroughly confused as to why I’m answering and unknown number at 10:00 on Saturday night. So I tell her.

“That’s nice babe. Can we turn the movie back on.” No lie. That was the response.

So I proceeded to explain that I had just won a raffle for a tag that I would never get otherwise. She still didn’t REALLY get it.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the RMBS raffle tag you may be wondering what it is. I basically won a governors tag. I won the same tag that someone paid $180,000 for a couple of months ago at the Sheep Show auction. It basically allows me to hunt any sheep unit from August 1-December 31.

So to answer a couple of other questions that I know will come up. Yes, I will hire an outfitter. No, I haven’t decided who that will be. And maybe, I might use my bow but I’m not going to hesitate to use a rifle either. I just want to kill a slammer ram.

That’s it for now. I’ll update as I know more.

And yeah, I didn’t really sleep well at all last night.

Comment

Man that is awesome! Good luck!!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats! That’s awesome!
                        Hope you enjoyed the movie!

Comment

That is cool. Can not wait to tag along as you give us the play by play.

Comment

Congratulations!

And I would have probably gotten a similar response from my wife.

Comment

Congrats man! Now I hope you are out for a run this morning

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X