No announcement yet.

Royal purple...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

260k on a 2005 Chevy Tahoe z71 with Castrol gtx. Dads got a 1995 z71 pickup with over 400k on rotella t 15-40

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
      This is about to get good.
      I can't believe no one bit on the tranny fluid

Comment

interesting read, and comments lol

Comment

take a look at Schaffers,,,, running it in my truck now,,, i think royal purple is over hyped, not saying it's bad,,, just not the best

Comment

I’ve run several different oils: RP, M1, Amsoil, Schaffer’s and regular old dino oil.

I’ve never been able to tell a bit of difference except a lighter wallet. And I run my vehicles to 250-300k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

09 ford fx4 260,000 mile and used penzoil synthetic around every 5k miles. I dont think it really matters what brand as long as you change it around 3-5k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                What he said^^

I use that in my 2006 Silverado. It has 307,000 miles and still runs like a scalded dog.

My son has my hand me down ‘04 Z71 with 323,000 on it and to my knowledge it’s never had a drop of synthetic oil in it.

I think there is a degree of gimmick to synthetic oils.

My 2012 Cummins has 185k on it and I’ve only run regular Rotella in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dexos from the dealership (GM version of mobil 1 but cheaper) wife's Tahoe 294k when we traded 2 years ago still see it driving around. 275k on my 2500 6.0 when I traded.

but if you keep up with it conventional will get you the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                    It is as great as “they” say it is? My all time favorite truck has 142,000 on the odometer and plan to drive her till I gotta push her...it’s actually my wife’s truck but she lets me borrow it [emoji28]
                    If Royal purple isn’t the cats meow...what is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Don't start using at 142000. Just keep using the brand u have been using. I started using rp at 15000. No problems at 140000 miles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve always been shy to try synthetic in a high mileage vehicle that has been run all its live on conventional. I’ve always herd that synthetic will slip through the rings a little easier.

Comment

142k? that is barley getting warmed up.
                        good luck with it too I really like good trucks w lots of miles

Comment

Originally posted by kdkane1971 View Post
                          I can't believe no one bit on the tranny fluid
                          I knew a guy that swore by that

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had an f150 years ago with the fairly common cam phaser issue pop up around 130000 miles or so; the only thing that it would run on after that without shaking like crazy was Royal Purple 20w50. A Ford mechanic recommended it to me. I usually run Mobil 1 otherwise.

Comment

To quote our old engine builder when asked about Royal Purple: "I wouldn't use that ***** to start a brush fire". We ran it in one engine and had all kinds of oiling problems. Switched to Amsoil and never had another problem. Dailies don't need special oil to roll around at 2000 Rpm, just keep it clean.

Comment

Mobile 1 FS and Amsoil products here. Bikes, Vettes, Porsche, and the trucks/SUVs we run til they burn more than a quart/month. Won't change. I did the "cheaper route" for 22yrs. I prefer this plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X