Traditional FSC Week 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 20

Kiss your Moms and hug your wives...Happy Mommas Day. They contracted and so shall we....contract the field.

Building on TTs target...

Two shots each day...four days opportunity. First shot at 15 yards. Second follow on at 7 yds. First shot can be any position...second must be standing.

Target is just like last week...full sheet of 8.5x11 paper... except....full bore toothpck holes... two holes...one each on diagonally opposite corners. The holes should be 3" from either edge...same as last week. Holes can be top left, bottom right. Top right, bottom left...whichever you desire. Orient paper however you please....vertically, horrizontally...heck...go diagonal if youd like.

Off paper...no score. Score is measurement. Measure edge of shaft to edge of holes. Combine measures for lowest score. Best of four days measure. Lowest combined measure wins. No penalty for sucking teet on day 4 and being awesome day 1...Moms love us anyway they can take us.

Thanks for pushing Moms.

Shoot straight.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

You and Ellis must think us 50+ year olds can see those pin holes![emoji1787][emoji23]
    Man y'all have fun with it. I'm looking for a small spot on a black background this week. Shoot small my friends!

Gary

Comment

Good luck with the bear hunt Gary. Where are you hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        You and Ellis must think us 50+ year olds can see those pin holes![emoji1787][emoji23]
        Man y'all have fun with it. I'm looking for a small spot on a black background this week. Shoot small my friends!

Gary
        You bring up a good point.

If anyone wants to draw a big circle, a small circle, highlight, draw an arrow pointing at the target holes, whatever helps...thats just fine by me.

Thanks Gary.

Comment

I'm almost 62, and almost blind.

I can see those holes just fine from 15 yards (with my glasses on)

Rick

Comment

Clarification: shots off paper means disqualification for that day.

I am DQd for today because my first shot was off paper at 15yds. I shot at 7 for practice anyhow.

Comment

Cool call, Briar.

As far as actually seeing the holes, I don't think it matters. In fact, part of the "point" of my call with the small point as a target was to practice hitting an approximate aimpoint without a certain reference -- such as figuring out where to shoot a black pig or a brown deer without a visible "spot". Then, you measure to see how you did at hitting that location 3" in and 3" up. Obviously, once there are arrow holes from previous rounds, those can become references. Either way, these are exercises in hitting a small area without bullseyes (which animals don't tend to wear).

Comment

Had to try this. Turns out I shoot better at a place I think the spot is --15-yd lower left 1st shot -- than when I can actually see the point -- 7-yd upper right 2nd shot. So: 7/32"+1-5/32"=1-12/32" or 1-3/8"

Was worried about shooting high on the close shot, so tried to stay down. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy smokes! Great shooting Ellis!

Comment

Nice shots tradtiger.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Day 2:
                        15 yd- 2 11/16"
                        7yd- 1"
                        Total- 3 11/16"

Comment

^^^^^Nice shots Briar^^^^^^^^^^^

Day1: DQ at 15Y

Comment

Day 1

Rick

Comment

This looks like fun and a good excuse to start shooting daily, again! Count me in for week 21!

Comment

Working...
                              X