X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, couldn't help it...

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      This!!! OP. Instead of going to others and asking opinions, look to the word and see what god says you should do. We were given a handbook. Just turn to Matthew 6 : 2-4 and tell me what you think.

I have a story/testimony to go along with this.

I have always collected quarters. Weird I know. Bicentennial and 1986 was my thing. When I married my wife, I added 1987 to the mix. I always keep a bicentennial, a 1987 and a 1986 in my center console. I play drums, and mine and my wife’s birth year.

One day I stopped off at a gas station near George R. Brown convention center. If you’ve never been there, you can’t really picture it. 100’s of tents setup under the bridge. The city allows it. They actually have a trash service that goes thru there. Anyway, I get out to fuel up and I was approached by a homeless man. My first reaction as “ohh man I knew I shouldn’t have stopped here”. He asked if he could borrow a dollar. I instantly told him, “nah man, I don’t carry cash.” The he said, “ I will take pennies or anything.”

Then god spoke to me. He told me “give him your quarters.” I said “ No! It took me forever to find those!” God spoke again, “ To you they are a memento, to this man they could be dinner.”

So I reluctantly told the man to wait and reached into grab my 3 quarters. He thanked me and walked away with a “god bless you.”

That was Thursday. Friday I went on my first ever prison ministry. I didn’t return to work until Monday. I got my check and deposited it. I kept out $100 for the rest of the week. I went to the store and got a bag of chips and a drink. When I got my .82¢ back the 3 quarters were a bicentennial, 1986, and a 1987.

We are to give with full faith that god is in control, we are to give without our left hand knowing. It isn’t our job to know who “deserves” it or not. Do you believe you “deserve” everything that’s given to you??

If Jesus was sitting beside you in the passenger seat.........would you give then?

Guess what, he is everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Matthew 25:40
      The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Thank you for that testimony. Its hard to remember those things sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Thayden2 View Post
        LOL.. Ain't that something!!

Comment

nope

Comment

I gave a Tweeker 5 bucks one time. He said that's it?!! Yeah that 5 bucks went from his hand back into my pocket. We as people are not in control of any out come, but we are 100% in control of the effort that is made to better our lives.

Comment

I see many of you on here who have done very well for yourself. Was that you? Are you solely responsible for your success in life? I’m just curious?

Answer this question honestly to yourself and I think it’ll tell you a lot.
              Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-10-2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I work in Downtown Houston.

Just got on a Metro bus. As I was getting on the bus a homeless guy was wandering in the street disoriented.

He is deaf and cant hear traffic.

He was hungry

I gave him my last best killer flank steak taco

Made three for today. Ate two at lunch.

I slipped him $2 and told him to be more careful in traffic

WWJD.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I do quite often. If they don’t really
                  Need it , shame on them. I would rather give 1000 dollars to people who don’t need it , as long has ten bucks went to someone in need.

Comment

I will if I have some money on me . I go to work everyday because it’s what I want to do . Even if I got rich somehow I would still work doing something . I’ve driven around different areas and people are sleeping under bridges , standing on the streets with children in the rain , sleeping on the sidewalk in freezing weather. I really can’t see how anyone would choose that lifestyle over working but if they do, they are tougher than me .

Comment

I saw a dude in Seattle carrying a sign "I need money so I can get drunk and f**K some b****es tonight"

I gave him $20 for being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Nope.
                        ^^^^^^^^

Comment

I don't give money to anyone on street corners after living in Houston proper for multiple years. Generally, it's the same people at the same intersections on a day in and day out basis. Many have addiction problems and simply don't want real help, just money to fuel their addictions.

I've heard most scams as well a few of which already have been mentioned. The two most over used probably are the - 1) person at gas station wanting a few dollars for gas to get home (just offer them to pull up and fill their tank; they will walk away); 2) person at grocery store parking lot wanting a few dollars to buy milk for their kids (offer to take them inside and buy milk or whatever; they will walk away).

If you want to help these people, donate to your local food pantries, shelters and churches. Heck, volunteer your time as well. Our church has organized and gone out to feed homeless in certain areas before. You can really tell who is hungry and is looking for the basic necessities when doing that.

At work, we also build boxes that can be handed out to anyone. We include - bottle of water; pack of crackers, can Vienna sausage, piece of bubble gum, shower cap and a bible verse. I've handed many of these out before. Some folks know what they are and outright refuse them; others are very grateful.

Comment

I have twice and "gut" feeling told me they were legit and needed help. All other times, no.

Comment

No and no.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                I used to go by my gut instinct. Sometimes I got burned, and other times they were truly genuine in their appreciation. But I don't give anymore- been burned one too many times. Tired of hearing the same old "I ran out of gas...", "I'm starving...", or worse- "I just need money for a bus ride..."

The last straw for me was when I was walking in to Target and this young girl with a little one was begging for change. I didn't offer her money, but offered to buy her and her little one something to eat. She agreed and we go into the Deli section where she started picking up 4 or 5 (pretty expensive) items. In my mind I'm thinking '****, I should have just given her $5 and moved on...' Ok, no biggie- her little one was definitely hungry.

No sooner did she get the food items, when her little one starts asking for a 'toy'. Mom looks at me for affirmation, but apparently did not understand what a "WTH" face looks like... I figured I'm already out $20 for the food, what's a few dollars more? So off we go to the toy section. One thing I totally forgot- kids don't know what the word 'expensive' means. And this little one was no different when she picked out a Barby play set priced at $125. Mom gives me the same look as earlier, hoping I would say OK. Yeah right! NO FRIGGIN' WAY!!!

Now what do you think happens when you tell a child she can't get a toy she just placed her heart on?... EXACTLY! Little **** started screaming bloody Mary as if I just placed a hot poker on her. Mom does nothing to help, kid is flopping on the ground making Linda Blair look like a friggin' saint, and I'm trying to convince people that the kid isn't mine, which only made things worse as I now sounded like a dead-beat dad that wanted nothing to do with his kid... "Want to get away??" You bet!!

After what seemed like an eternity- yes, this is what listening to high-pitched screaming for 3 minutes feels like, the kid finally chilled the (bleep) out when I started dangling another ($10 mind you) toy in front of her. There is a God- want to know how I know? Because little Linda Blair actually smiled and accepted the peace offering!! Twenty dollars in food, 10 dollar toy, and the feeling that I was 'helping' someone in need- priceless.

That was until I saw her DB husband waiting for them outside. BLEEP BLEEP BLEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP!!!!! This scum-sucking bottom dweller ****-monger grabbed all of the food and proceeded to eat ALL OF IT, with nothing given to his wife or child!!!

Why would Jesus compel me to give, only for this sorry excuse of a person to take it away??? Am I supposed to beat the snot out of this DB??? Well, it's not my place to question the Good Lord... I did confront the guy and told him his wife and kid were starving and that the food was for them. That bastage just smiled and, in broken English, told me 'Thank You'. They were Polish and were trying to get money for a 'bus ride home' and asked if I could spare anything... ARRGH!!! No way did this bastage just try and scam me again!! I sure whish I would have just beaten the snot out him, but didn't want to do that to him in front of his little one.

Since then, I have given ZIP, NADA!! And dont' even get me started with all the darn Gypsies running around...
                                This may sound bad but it's my opinion. In cases like you were stuck in it's not Jesus telling you to give...It's all the BS we are all told growing up that makes you feel guilty when you shouldn't.. Why do you think people are so scared of being called judgmental or racist etc? It's like the world has evolved around Christianity in order to suck the life out of Christians.

Offer work or a job. If people don't want to work they can starve and it's zero your issue/problem. God never tells us to give money to someone not willing to work.

A little off topic but anyone ever notice how honest people get screwed more and more by everyone? Like what happens when a hard working man doesn't pay taxes versus the POS who doesn't pay taxes? What about speeding tickets... What happens when you don't pay versus the guy with 5 arrest warrants already out on him? How do those crap people get free health care, not pay taxes and then get to use a law firm to eliminate what they owe(or reduce it), not buy school supplies and on and on and on..while the honest man pays more and more every year? You get in a wreck with no car insurance and see what happens..Then wait until someone with no insurance hits you and I bet it's not the same outcome for them..

Rant over

Comment

Working...
                                X