2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.LUNA View Post
    Dave is that a patterdale in your profile picture?
    Jagdterrier

Comment

We made an obligatory end of year trot out to LBJ. Heard some duck hunters shooting and stopped to talk to a couple after our morning march. picked units that were empty and still hunted. No hogs er deer were seen but we did sneek up on a red fox. Well, sort of. I think he decided we were close enough and trotted off. Sign was pretty sparse. I think the pigs move to units that are typically drier when it rains this much. A chance to root new ground. I expected to see alot of movement and tracks but that wasn't the case. Was hoping to get the youngest on a doe at least. We put in about 5 miles over the course of the day. Enough for a vanilla shake and a sweet tea for the old man. Hope the youngest doesn't spill the beens to the war department on that one.

We may go back out and try to blow a few piggy houses down after the steer, er deer season ends. I thought deer were heavier and came in black.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
        There sure are a lot of NON-LBJ posts on the LBJ facebook page
        Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
        Agreed, kind of annoying.
        That, and it blows my mind how everyone is so quick to call the GW's Cell phone for every little question.

Comment

You guys ever use snake gaiters when scouting during the summer or wearing early season? If so, what brand would you suggest?

Comment

You guys ever use snake gaiters when scouting during the summer or wearing early season? If so, what brand would you suggest?
            I wear snake boots. Tried gaiters years ago, but they were hot and it's just easier to wear tall snake boots

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
              I wear snake boots. Tried gaiters years ago, but they were hot and it's just easier to wear tall snake boots

AMEN to that!

Chips can be sometimes picked up at the Justin outlet in downtown Ft. Worth for $99. They are considered "blemished". But most often it's just a minor cosmetic. Some you can't even tell where the blemish is! Mid summer, July/Aug is when they usually have a sale on them, or used to.

I've never owned a set from Bass Pro. But hear from good friends they are very very comfortable.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-27-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Comment

Any of you guys squirrel hunt out there once deer season shuts down?

Comment

I do as it's the perfect time for post season scouting.
                    Lots of squirrels too in the creek bottoms and hardwoods.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
                      I do as it's the perfect time for post season scouting.
                      Lots of squirrels too in the creek bottoms and hardwoods.
                      How did your duck hunting go this year?

Comment

Anyone getting after Hogs?

Comment

I say "I went duck hunting" but it's been 50 years since I actually have been so my times out "duck hunting" were actually learning experiences!
                          I did learn a lot though and next year will be better!
                          No ducks were harmed in the adventures I did have! But I put hours in the boat, on the water, and just had tons of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
                            I say "I went duck hunting" but it's been 50 years since I actually have been so my times out "duck hunting" were actually learning experiences!
                            I did learn a lot though and next year will be better!
                            No ducks were harmed in the adventures I did have! But I put hours in the boat, on the water, and just had tons of fun.
                            We managed to not harm many ducks this year either, despite all our efforts. I'm working on a duck boat, like I need another boat, to get up in that shallow stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                              We managed to not harm many ducks this year either, despite all our efforts. I'm working on a duck boat, like I need another boat, to get up in that shallow stuff.

I would know just how to power it. Evanrude recently released a report Dec. 20, 2019 that for 2020, they are offering a 150hp G2 Etech with tiller steering.

It also has assisted steering and a few other features.

It's been on my mind all day today. And what I could put one on.

Comment

18 ft welded aluminum with rounded hull and jack plate. Dunno how the motor would work over stumps but I'm willing to try. That'll get you there with time to spare.

Comment

Working...
                                X