Best Cheap .308 SP Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Cheap .308 SP Ammo

What do yall think is the best of the big cheap 3 for .308. Mostly for Deer and Hog. I've shot them all, but want to get some other opinions.

Winchester Power Point

Remington Corlokt

Federal Non Typical (blue box)

Thanks

Our ar10 likes the blue box federal.
    Groups well. Only shot 1 deer with it which was neck shot. Pretty nasty exit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

had good luck with the blue box, stocked up when it was 10/box

Comment

I also stocked up on the blue box stuff when it was cheap, but when I moved out 200yards the blue box stuff wasn’t working well with my gun.
        So I switched to the Hornady American whitetail with much better results.
        This is from my notes-

16” W/ can-
        Federal 150sp = 2506, 2549, 2564
        American whitetail 150 interlokt-
        2583, 2599, 2594

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
          had good luck with the blue box, stocked up when it was 10/box
          same! Waiting for it to come back in stock at same price

Comment

Federal Non Typical (blue box)

Comment

I've shot Corelok 180gr for years. It absolutely hammers animals at 200yds from my porch to feeder (shot a 320lb boar and he was DRT). Nothing moves more than 40-50 yds

I bought some Nosler Partition 180gr on a recommendation. I have had to track every animal shot with it.

Just my experience with them

Comment

Blue box for me

Comment

Any reason the Hornady American whitetail isn’t on your list? It’s this ammo rebranded.

Outstanding performance on deer and pigs.

Just my opinion.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    Any reason the Hornady American whitetail isn’t on your list? It’s this ammo rebranded.

Just my opinion.

Sierracharlie out…
                    Do they make a 180? I might switch to these.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post

Just my opinion.

Sierracharlie out…

I like that stuff. Seems to be a little higher cost than the others. Academy has the other 3 listed for 14.99 right now.

There gonna be going through a Bergara Ridge SP 18" barrel with a 1:10 twist. I've heard they do better with the heavier 180"s. I haven't gotten the gun in yet, so haven't had a chance to test loads.

Comment

Following on this, I have an AR10 that cant seem to group worth crap with any round, sometimes im lucky to get a 4 inch group even running ballistic tips

Comment

Out of the ones listed, its tough to beat the Core-Lokts. Though I would go with Federal Fusion. It is $21 a box compared to the $18 a box for the 3 you asked about, and is super accurate out of all the guns I shoot it in. Performance on animals is tough to beat as well. Zero complaints from me.

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymccaw View Post
                            Following on this, I have an AR10 that cant seem to group worth crap with any round, sometimes im lucky to get a 4 inch group even running ballistic tips
                            What is the rate of twist? I was having a similar issue with a rifle of mine until I tried a lighter bullet. Turns out the twist was different than my other rifles and it needs the lighter bullets to be accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                              I like that stuff. Seems to be a little higher cost than the others. Academy has the other 3 listed for 14.99 right now.

There gonna be going through a Bergara Ridge SP 18" barrel with a 1:10 twist. I've heard they do better with the heavier 180"s. I haven't gotten the gun in yet, so haven't had a chance to test loads.

You might try the Hornady TAP-AR ammo. Not easy to find but EASILY shoots sub MOA out of any quality AR10 and a competent driver. 10 twist shoots 165 range stuff as well as 180.

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                              Do they make a 180? I might switch to these.

165 is the heaviest I’ve seen in this line.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X