X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
    Any luck ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yessireee! Drew blood the first night that it was in place. Put it in place around noon to 2pm the day we finished it and by dusk, a dirt nap had been administered to a nasty ol sow. On the next trip out, another pig was shot, then I took a pretty nice buck the week following.

Sat the last weekend of the season and gave an old doe a hair cut. I shot for 35 and she wound up being more like 28. Zipped the hairs right off the top of her back. She'll be out there for next year , cause I watched as she stood out back of the brush forever and then she just slowly walked away. I was pretty disgusted with myself for the misjudgment, but it happens sometimes.

For the really cold sits, I struck the Buddy Heater for a few minutes and then would just run the pilot light. That thing will run you out of your insulated clothing in a hurry! I've really enjoyed it and can't believe I hadn't done it sooner!

To say that I'm a happy ol' hunter, would be a severe understatement. I'll still sit in the trees from time to time, but when it's wet or cold.....I'm still in the game without being miserable.

I think we'll be building another one for my brother-n-law pretty soon!

Comment

Excellent!
      Those does don’t get old by accident. Had one on video once where her chest hit the ground when the arrow got close [emoji2169]
      The quietness of your blind is gonna be a big plus too [emoji106][emoji106]
      Well done

Comment

yeah, she had no clue as to what had happened, but she chose to go away instead of returning.....so, better luck next time!

I've really been impressed with everything we've done. The insulation has made all the difference in the world. I did stretch out in the floor one morning just to see if I could..... LOL, I had over a foot at my head and feet! May have to pull an allnighter in it next year. LOL

Comment

That’s awesome! What a great idea.

Comment

Nice. Nothing like a nap to rejuvenate an old man, referring to me. During pig season, I might get a driveway monitor and install it on a pile of corn [emoji535] and when the pigs come in “ding ding [emoji931] “ the old man [emoji1467] is RTG [emoji1018]

Comment

Slick blind!

Comment

That is very cool! Love it! I like the fact that you put it on skids and can relocate as needed.

Comment

Nice

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys! I really enjoyed building it with the help of my brother-n-law (Windwalker). It's a heavy son-of-a-gun for sure!

Comment

I was going to build one as well and when I do I will put a swiveling chair in the middle as to be able to rotate to multiple windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat70 View Post
                        I was going to build one as well and when I do I will put a swiveling chair in the middle as to be able to rotate to multiple windows.
                        If you make it out of an 8' wheel like mine, you're gonna need a pretty good swing arm on that swivel. LOL But it'll definately work. I just wanted plenty of room for two folks to be able to hunt comfy w/o having to be scrunched up against one another.

Comment

That’ll work!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X